Forums

Help › Forums

Falling Prizes Pots?

Mon, Dec 14 2009 9:08 PM (41 replies)
  • SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 12:31 AM

nivlac:

I would say that since multiround tournaments are scheduled to debut in the next update that they are trying to find a new baseline for the single play purses.

I'd imagine that all or most of that lost money will be going towards the new multiround tourney purses when it happens.

Wow.. i really thought that must be the reason for such a drastic reduction in purses but looking at the week 48 multiround it seems that the purse is 2500 credits but they collect 100 credit entry fee from each of the 50 players "lucky" enough to get in which means they are collecting TWICE the credits [5000] that they are paying out in prizes [2500].

What the hell? What possible reason would there be for the payout to be only 1/2 of the amount collected in entry fees? Are the 100 credit packs of 3 virtual balls that last a few rounds not making enough cash for the site? How about the 3200 credit new clubs? Any chance you might fix the damn meter problems with the cash you seem to be scamming off the new multiround tourneys?

This week [week 47] the 9 hole unlimited tourney total purse is 100 credits?100 Credits?? The winner gets ....  18 credits??? I mean lets get real... don't you think maybe they should at least get enough for a 3 pack of GI-D balls for winning a tourney?

Would LOVE to hear how you are pumping more credits into the pockets of the average player by keeping half the entry fees paid by the players for the multiround tournaments for yourselves and by slashing the free weekly tourney's purses to insultingly low amounts while increasing the prices of your virtual equipment. Hell you even take 10% of the amount we wager with each other.

As a side note... you ran a Veteran's Day "special" where you asked us to deposit cash into our accts [buy credits] and for that day if we did we would receive a 3 pack of GI-D VIRTUAL balls for doing so. Well i figured what the hell... and deposited cash [bought credits]. Where are my damn balls? Seemed like you were begging for money and offering VIRTUAL balls in return... the least you could do is give them out.

end rant.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 9:15 AM

Well said Slash.  Perhaps they're not planning on change for the good until there is a mass migration over to TWO.  Maybe Tibbets and AvLee can enlighten us when that will be opened up to everyone.

The more I analyze the current state of affairs, the more frustrated and dumbfounded I become.  I have a little more than 1500 credits in my bank and will continue to play WGT until those are exhausted.  I'm hope we see some resolution before they're gone.  This is the window I am affording WGT to make this thing right, otherwise I'm out the door.  One person certainly can't make an impact but if many of us ban together on this thing we might stimulate a change.

I'm just curious why the site doesn't create readily visible and accessible polls on changes they have planned.  Not sure who really would have been in favor of dedicating resources to the new awards in lieu of bigger issues like shaping ball flight, new pin placements, a new course to play, or better still, fixing the wind and club deviations.  I wish I didn't love the site like I do because it would be much easier to walk out of the door.  I'm totally addicted but do have a threshold of slaps in the face I'm willing to accept.  WGT, your biggest fans and most loyal supporters are not happy in the least.  Please sort this thing out and keep us here on WGT.  Most of us really don't want to go anywhere but feel like we're almost being driven away intentionally.  Pretty poor business plan for building and sustaining a fan base.

Side note, if you think it was frustrating to dump a GI D ball in the drink, just wait until you dunk 2 of the new .$.39 GI SD balls on 17 Kiawah.  One because the meter stopped and the other because of a deviation on a shot that was dinged and fought against the wind only to meet a perilous fate right of the green feeding fish!  Needless to say, don't think I'll be buying any more of those and suggest y'all do the same.  In course performance they really aren't worth 175% price hike over the GI D.  The ROI for these balls is ridiculously out of whack with the current prize structure.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 6:22 PM

Hi , I rarely post , but I feel compelled to tell this story.  I just witnessed the most unacceptable golf etiquette i've ever experienced since the day i joined WGT in July. I searched to join a matchplay challenge game. Entered lobby , he placed a wager toward me. I accepted , he tee'd off. On the 4'th hole, he being 2 Dn after 3 holes, sent me a drop match request in which I declined. He then times out twice , cusses me, then disconnects which gave me an error page. I closed  and reopened game client. 3:30 sec. on the clock. He sends another drop match , I decline . He then say's, "go ahead and quit because I have all day   Bleep  Bleep  Bleep..."   We sat for what seemed like 10 more min with me saying nothing.  He then either disconnected or the Game  had something to do with.  Which ever is'nt the point  ;  Too me thats like slapping your opponant across the face and then spitting on the very etiquette that makes the game what it is.    Sorry , but I was disgusted.   Besides , IT WAS HIS GAME and HIS WAGER.   Thanks.   : 0

• GremlinMP
    4 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 10:12 PM
    I am a new player at WGT and don't know what the prizes used to be, but I am so disheartened by the absolute pittance that I won last week. I just started playing a month ago, really enjoyed it, so spent some money to buy clubs and balls. I also assumed that by making this investment, practicing quite a bit, and succeeding in tournaments, that I wouldn't have to shell out much more money to play. I spent the money thinking that if I did well, the game could be self-sufficient. I did put a good amount of time in and did quite well, or so I thought. I the 18 hole single play tournament, I finished tied for 51st. Ok, not great, but worth a little something, right? Wrong. Officially I finished in the money, but received 0 credits. In the 9 hole single play tournament, I thought I did quite well finishing tied for 12th. And the 9 hole unlimited tournament, I finished tied for 8th. I won a combined total of 9 credits. 9. Not even enough to buy one sleeve of the cheapest balls available. This is absolutely ridiculous. I'd be better off buying the brand new Tiger Woods game every year. I really love the game, although I don't understand why we can only play two of the courses, but can't see how it would be worth pursuing. There must be other games out there that don't require nearly as much constant and continuous cash flow.
  • molideha
    213 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 4:39 AM

i'm done with tourneys here until the prize structure atleast doubles from its current level...and don't even get me started on why wgt wants to house rake 2500 of a 5000 entry pool on a multi-round.

lets see, i can play by myself, maybe take 2 shots at a weekly unl-9, post a descent 28, finish in a tie for fourth place and then write home to mom about my newly awarded 15 credits....of course i won't tell her that at 21.67cr per ball, i actually lost on the deal....and that playing the same pin placements on the same courses over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, has nearly driven me from this game entirely.

or i could play multi-player with fun folks at the ladder site...yeah, if you need me, look me up at the ladder site.

gl to all

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 6:53 AM

Gremlin,

We all can certainly empathize.  51st will never net you much money but I do find it utterly ridiculous that the payout structure goes all the way down to 70 yet 51st gets you zero credits.  Anybody else see anything wrong with that?  If someone at WGT needs some help with their math, there are plenty of your customers that would be happy to assist.

To share my performance from last week in the master tier, which has the highest payouts:

Won the 9 hole single play, 4th in the 9 hole unlimited, 3rd in the 18 hole single play.  Grossed a whooping 175 credits. 

Now I did dump 2 GI SD (39 credits each roughly) balls in the drink during the 9 hole unlimited due to a meter that completed stopped and one that lagged by 7 clicks.  Also used 2 more GI SD practicing and playing the rounds.  So subtract 156 credits.  175 - 156=  19 credits.  Quite a haul for a tourney win and 2 other top 5 finishes don't you think?  Not a whole lot there to keep anyone motivated to be the best and continue feeding money to WGT. 

I'm not giving up on the site just yet.  I feel confident that someone at HQ is listening and makes this whole thing right again, I just hope it's sooner than later.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 8:39 AM

Smaller purses are not exciting anyone in a positive way. But perhaps the expensive, special little balls are a part of the cost for some to do successful business in tournament play. 

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 8:51 AM

Thanks for  all the feedback.  As this is a beta we constantly adjusting the tournaments.  I can tell you however that in the future there will be more credits to be earned.  Thanks for your patience.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 9:22 AM

Simply put them back where they were until you figure out what it is going to change to. You took away the only reason to play the weeklies, seems pretty much useless to me at this point to play them. Beta or no beta, we feel we have been taken advantage of with no explanation at all.

Kind of like we show up for work on Monday, then find out we took a 75% pay cut, no thanks! Please reconsider your decision!

• bryan24
    68 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 9:33 AM

Maybe WGT has purchased stock in EA sports and is trying to drive people to that site?  It's the only thing that makes sense to me....

RSS