Forums

Help › Forums

$tourneys are hard to fill in our Club...

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 18 2020 12:04 PM (4 replies)
  • wedge0837
    862 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2020 8:58 AM

We have this Club, The Wedge, and there are always tourneys created with credits attached, top 3 or top 10 etc, but with only 17 members, we can barely get 5 or 6 at most or at best, to enter. Like, who doesn't like the chance to win free credits, no matter how much right.? 

Anyway, there is another still a March tourney, with Week 3 still going on, and only 4 members have entered. lol..

IF ANYONE IS LOOKING TO JOIN A CLUB THAT HAS CREDITS GAMES REGULAR, COME JOIN. WE WANT YOU. LOL  

wedge0837 

http://www.wgt.com/clubs/the_wedge/default.aspx

• sueomeara
    2,940 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2020 9:45 AM

Hi Wedge,

I see you don't get a lot of people playing in your competitions. Maybe it would help if you spoke to them all to see if they have a problem with what your setting.

Good luck

Sue

• TopShelf2010
    10,882 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2020 10:07 AM

• mega1byte
    772 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2020 10:22 AM

TopShelf2010:
    Keep in mind that not every player has an abundance of credits on hand.

So true Don, I've tried running many of these before, even with a low entry fee but participation is low.

unlike the prizes on WGT which can enable some,not all, to give it a try. lol

Good luck in your endevours

Mega

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Wed, Mar 18 2020 12:04 PM

wedge0837:
    We have this Club, The Wedge, and there are always tourneys created with credits attached, top 3 or top 10 etc, but with only 17 members, we can barely get 5 or 6 at most or at best, to enter. Like, who doesn't like the chance to win free credits, no matter how much right.? 
    But, who has any chance to win?

Looking at one of the tournaments, "aBandoningAllHope" (Bandon Par3 course), I see two scores of 25 by two Legends plus one of 32 by a Master.

Your members are spread wide in tiers, from Champ @56 avg to Pro @89 avg. That means that the Pro will - on average - play 16 strokes more than the Champ over 9 holes. How big a chance has he to win anything, given that there are 16 players at least three strokes better than he is?

(This becomes worse when the teebox is fixed for the tournaments - I can't see that)

Thus, for most of your fellow members, tournaments with a fee aren't more than gifting credits to the best players, and to WGT who take the rake.

RSS