Sat, Feb 15 2020 10:01 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ScottHope
    10,130 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2020 10:37 AM
  • BogeyOne
    1,967 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2020 11:00 AM

Clearly a typo. They just left out a zero after the 4.

• el3n1
    4,495 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2020 11:19 AM

actually, yes... I watched an episode of "brain games" the other day and they showed how "timing reflexes" peak as we age towards around 24, then slowly decline.

when it comes to timing a meter or reflexes, the younger generation will have an edge. 

the older we get... well our experience helps and we can even learn how to predict or compensate but in general... our timing will inevitably slow as we age.  So we begin to rely on other ways of compensating for that... more rounds played, gaining more experience, mapping clubs, relying on miss dings shots, any number of things.  

either way, enjoy!

• twinponds169
    3,019 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2020 2:07 PM

Every single time I even think about the mobile or PCEA versions. The age requirement does seem appropriate for those as I see it.

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2020 2:24 PM

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2020 2:40 PM

TERMS & CONDITIONS

9/24/2019

YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OF AGE TO USE THE SITE AND/OR THE APPLICATION AND BY USING THE SITE AND/OR THE APPLICATION, YOU REPRESENT, ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OF AGE.

(bold, caps etc are wgt's)

From old site, surely they've not raised the requirement (to 14) for the new thing ;-)

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2020 3:12 PM

DodgyPutter:
    From old site, surely they've not raised the requirement (to 14) for the new thing ;-)

The screen shot is from the app store showing the age rating. For this game, the age rating is 4+.

Here's one site's description of Apple's age ratings:

• 4+ Applications in this category contain no objectionable material.
    • 9+ Applications in this category may contain mild or infrequent occurrences of cartoon, fantasy or realistic violence, and infrequent or mild mature, suggestive, or horror-themed content which may not be suitable for children under the age of 9.
    • 12+ Applications in this category may also contain infrequent mild language, frequent or intense cartoon, fantasy or realistic violence, and mild or infrequent mature or suggestive themes, and simulated gambling which may not be suitable for children under the age of 12.
    • 17+ You must be at least 17 years old to purchase this application. Applications in this category may also contain frequent and intense offensive language; frequent and intense cartoon, fantasy or realistic violence; and frequent and intense mature, horror, and suggestive themes; plus sexual content, nudity, alcohol, tobacco, and drugs which may not be suitable for children under the age of 17.

https://www.bewebsmart.com/ipod-ipad-iphone/how-to-restrict-apps-by-rating/

• pmm711
    5,532 Posts
    Thu, Feb 13 2020 7:48 PM

Robert1893:
    4+ Applications in this category contain no objectionable material.

I’ve seen profile pics, player names, and statuses which should throw WGT to 17+ 😂

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2020 7:27 AM

pmm711:
    I’ve seen profile pics, player names, and statuses which should throw WGT to 17+ 😂
    and then there's the forum ;-))

More seriously; 

• 12+ Applications in this category may also contain infrequent mild language, frequent or intense cartoon, fantasy or realistic violence, and mild or infrequent mature or suggestive themes, and simulated gambling which may not be suitable for children under the age of 12.

I'll skip the pay to enter tournaments, I suppose there's nothing simulated there anyway, but what about the Daily Spin for example? I just looged on on my phone and pulled the handle of a fruit machine then I got the message that "I won" 100 coins. 

Have I seen mention of loot boxes? (apparel I think but I've not really looked at mobile or the new site so I may be imagining that)

#Robert, first off thanks I didn't know that's what it reffered to.  The article you showed was from 2012 and that was absolutely fine to show what you wanted to show, what the rating was for, it wasn't/couldn't be for my tangent. I think there has been more study of the effects of simulated gambling since then, more people that grew up with it in video games have had time to become (or not) people with gambling problems.  Apple have, I think, changed thier ratings so they have "frequent/Intense simulated gambling" in the 17+ catagory, I'm not saying this site has that I'm just saying the 4+ is a big surprise. 

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2020 7:53 AM

@DodgyPutter

👍

• PAGES
RSS