Forums

Help › Forums

Club distance

Sun, Feb 5 2023 8:52 PM (7 replies)
  • Rathcoolered
    7 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2020 4:49 AM

Anyone else finding this problem. I play with Callawy Rouge Pro and in some games the distance of the clubs change. So after all the time it took to getting used to them they automatic change to a differnt distance on club length. WHY.!!!!!!

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2020 8:31 AM

I’m guessing you’re playing on Mobile or New PCEA.
    You are wearing Apparel that gives you + Distance on your Driver, 3Wood, Hybrid, or Irons. 
    They do not work in WGT or CC Tournaments/Events.

View my post in this thread for a more complete explanation.  http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/619636/4199386.aspx#4199386 

Rathcoolered, after looking into your profile, the Level 7 Topgolf Shirt your avatar wears gives you added distance to your Irons. From your activity log I think its safe to say you pretty much play Head 2 Head games where the Apparel will affect your Iron Distance. What you just need to realize is that in the few* WGT Tournaments that you play you will not get that added distance. *(7 ranked rounds in last 3 months)

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2020 9:47 AM

Once again, it does nothing but creating confusions. Get rid of it, WGT. The whole thing about apparels was silly to start with.

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2020 3:12 PM

I know from time to time, distance and other inconsistencies happen. I make a note and adjust, and if it fixes itself, adjust again.

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2020 3:41 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

Once again, it does nothing but creating confusions. Get rid of it, WGT. The whole thing about apparels was silly to start with.

StheB,

Apparel only works in coin rooms.  It's really not a hard thing to figure out why your club distances change.  So embrace the cartoony, new stuff...it's fun. :-)

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Tue, Feb 11 2020 4:02 PM

pmm711:
    Apparel only works in coin rooms.

pmm711 it's a bit more than just that ... the Apparel Enhancements are applied to;

• Head 2 Head Coin games
    • Turf Wars  (uses H2H game format)
    • Showdowns  (uses H2H game format)
    • Clashes
    • Single Player Ranked Rounds
    • Single Player Practice Rounds
    I'm also not 100% sure about all the new PCEA / Mobile Match, Challenge, 4 Player Games as I have not played them yet.

IMHO the Apparel, having been initiated for the Mobil game and now the PCEA should be limited to apply to the Head 2 Head coin games and to TurfWars and Showdowns that are based on the H2H format. For EVERYTHING else they should be disabled. This would eliminate all the confusion as they would only apply when playing for Silver COINS.
  • Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2020 7:13 AM
  • Nav919
    331 Posts
    Sun, Feb 5 2023 8:52 PM

Parkland and Links Courses also have different distances off the Turf. Tees should be about the same distances.  Need to add abit more to fairway irons + wood shots.  Wedges are about the same - long irons need about 5yds added to the distances. 

RSS