Re: Difference between the Flash version and the new version

Fri, Oct 2 2020 8:04 AM (37 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 4:56 AM

• mrm6400
    1,787 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 7:28 AM

The new PCEA version of the game is a much more enjoyable experience for me.  Way smoother than flash with meter and pages load faster.  It is early in the process for the development of the new app for PC.  Like Don says the app is still in early stages and each update WGT adds more features we all grew to enjoy on Flash.  The avatar is much better in new PC app.  You have way more options for apparel and for those who are interested you even have a way to improve your golfer abilities and skills based on your liking.  Now these abilities are not in effect when you play a WGT or Country Club tournament or Match Play but when you go head to head in coin rooms and with the Clash they are active and hey who knows down the road these upgrade of golfer abilities may be used all the time for all events.  It does not matter if you don't like the golfer abilities then don't use them but for those that do it is nice that they are an option.  I don't expect any virtual golfer will ever look like a human being so I appreciate the effort that went into making this new avatar as good as it does.  I prefer the female avatar and have over time upgraded the look and the abilities and have had fun with the process.  Everyone is different and I think so far WGT has done a good job trying to offer a wide variety of options for all to enjoy.

Sincerely,

Michael

• Dneirf
    417 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 8:59 PM

mrm6400:

The new PCEA version of the game is a much more enjoyable experience for me.  Way smoother than flash with meter and pages load faster.  It is early in the process for the development of the new app for PC.  Like Don says the app is still in early stages and each update WGT adds more features we all grew to enjoy on Flash.  The avatar is much better in new PC app.  You have way more options for apparel and for those who are interested you even have a way to improve your golfer abilities and skills based on your liking.  Now these abilities are not in effect when you play a WGT or Country Club tournament or Match Play but when you go head to head in coin rooms and with the Clash they are active and hey who knows down the road these upgrade of golfer abilities may be used all the time for all events.  It does not matter if you don't like the golfer abilities then don't use them but for those that do it is nice that they are an option.  I don't expect any virtual golfer will ever look like a human being so I appreciate the effort that went into making this new avatar as good as it does.  I prefer the female avatar and have over time upgraded the look and the abilities and have had fun with the process.  Everyone is different and I think so far WGT has done a good job trying to offer a wide variety of options for all to enjoy.

Sincerely,

Michael

Excellent review "mm6400" my sentiments exactly.

Please note that the Avatar Abilities do carry over into all aspects of the game.

God Bless, -Dneirf

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2020 9:14 AM

TopShelf2010:

donsprintr:

Does the thing still look like a cartoon ? If so, and if they don't change it, I will be gone when flash is gone ...

Hang in there. The PCEA version is getting better with each update.

However, with that being said, I am not 100% sure how much more they can improve the avatars.

Don

Thanks Don ... they can stuff the apparel though mrm ... I'm here to play golf ... not be a chick magnet ...

• dschlapman
    71 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2020 10:49 AM

+1 play golf

• bob2putt
    1,234 Posts
    Sun, Feb 2 2020 3:08 PM

Does anyone know the required minimum internet speed in the PCEA that will enable a smooth meter?  Bob

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sun, Feb 2 2020 11:11 PM

I think it has more to do with your available ram. My Acer only has 4 gig which is shared with the intagrated video card and the meter was quite stuttery except at the lowest resolution. 
    My custom built PC has 8 gig and the Nvidia video card has 4 gig of its own. The meter is silky smooth on all resolutions.

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2020 7:16 AM

From my experience meter smoothness depends on a good day with the server connectivity. Some days im dinging it, playing pinpoint approach...other day it suffer with "loading hole" "resolving shot" and some error that says"check your internet connectivity"

While those things happen Im always running speedtest and it tells me that nothing is wrong with my speed

The other thing I find very unpleasant in PCEA is way I have to read putts. I play it long enough and know how to make 'em in this early version, but It's just not what you see on green. It more depends how much more will I imagine break from that what dots actually show. In my opinion those dots represent nothing on your eye. They are just some kind of orientation that says" ball will move in that direction kind of" :)

Nik

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2020 8:52 AM

Dneirf:

Please note that the Avatar Abilities do carry over into all aspects of the game.

God Bless, -Dneirf

Dneirf this is not entirely true. The Avatar Apparel Enhancement Abilities (such as +club distance, +spin, +roungh/sand surface power, +putting atributes) DO NOT apply in any WGT or Country Club Tournament events. This includes all Stroke, CTTH, Ready Go's and Bracket formats. This is denoted in the event's info with a little "No Apparel" symbol (shield with t-shirt crossed out)

The Avatar Apparel Enhancement Abilities affect Head 2 Head games and any events that use the H2H format as its basis, such as Turf Wars and Showdowns. They also aaffect Clashes and Single Player Ranked and Practice Rounds.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Feb 3 2020 10:58 AM

MarchieB:
    I am not 100% sure about Clashes.

Apparel bonuses  are in effect in clashes.

RSS