Forums

Help › Forums

C.C. Management Options

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 13 2011 7:41 AM (1 replies)
  • axstrat
    415 Posts
    Fri, Sep 9 2011 11:49 AM

recently created a thread in club forum about tier only club tourneys about upper tiers not entering lower tier tournaments-under the threat of expulsion from the club.

since i have a number of members in my club of all tiers up to master. 

I created a series of tournaments , all in the same week  on tier specific tournaments with advanced enviromental variables set to each tier. 

In the hack tier only tournament, we had 10 or 15 people play  and the winner was a master.  (so much for intregrity).  not one of the players that posted the score was a hack, but  about 5 of the hack tiered members did enter and did not play. I figure due to the fact that they knew there was no use in competing agains master and and tour pros and I dont blame them.

These lower level members wont even enter club tournaments because they know they will get shafted most likely by an upper tiered player, and I'm noticing they then start to go inactive.

This scenario doesnt help them get to be better players nor does it profit the club if they decide to say screw it, and would think it would not profit WGT in a whole because they'd be losing potential customers.

• JayInAtlanta
    1,770 Posts
    Tue, Sep 13 2011 7:41 AM

I feel your pain. My club has done many "tiered" tourneys, and sometimes someone enters who is not supposed to do so. It is very annoying to not be able to remove them (or have them remove themselves).

As for everyone playing in the same tourneys, it is a problem, and worse, it's a problem that some people refuse to acknowledge. They state that WGT already levels everyone and why would we need to handicap things further.

However, for exactly one tournament a month, I did manage to get most of us together, which I did by inventing a proprietary leveling system.

Without revealing exactly how it works, it utilizes two different factors from the WGT leveling math, in addition to several factors from the country club play itself. By doing this, we are able to group folks into five relatively even groups (in our club), and people are being grouped by so many criteria that it's very hard to sandbag.

This way, someone can feel like they've "won" a group or done very well in it, even if they don't win overall. It's the best we can do, because as you point out, folks just won't play if they don't feel competitive.

Jay

RSS