Forums

Help › Forums

Conflicting info on green speeds

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 10 2009 4:23 PM (6 replies)
  • paulmcm
    449 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 3:04 AM

On the tournament entry page for the 9 hole weekly it said fast greens, yet they were standard when i started playing.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 9:24 AM

Fast greens on tourney page = standard greens in play

Very Fast greens on tourney page=fast greens in play

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 10:38 AM

Thanks for the report.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 1:33 PM

Infinito3010:

Fast greens on tourney page = standard greens in play

Very Fast greens on tourney page=fast greens in play

This system failed me last week when the 18-hole single play reported Fast greens.  I practiced on standard greens for a few rounds and then went to play the tourney.  However upon reaching the first green I was surprised to find out that they actually were set to Fast.

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 3:15 PM

Worst update WGT have done.... It states fast greens when you start, yet some are .and some are not?. The whole game is totaly crap at the mo..i don't know whether to trust each green if it is fast or slow...

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 3:48 PM

It's not been implemented ideally so far, but the idea by itself is great. It brings more variety to the game, something we all desperately wanted. I hope WGT will not force us to play on the same green speed forever, though. Please let us freely choose green speeds, or vary them for us in an unpredictable manner.

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 4:23 PM

Faterson:
    It's not been implemented ideally so far, but the idea by itself is great. It brings more variety to the game,

My putting has certainly sufferd since this....

RSS