Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2020

Tue, Jan 12 2021 4:39 PM (1,625 replies)
  • TdotDoba
    2,164 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2020 8:25 PM

FarFoo:

Great contest with SEL that could have gone either way for sure.

My match with Finny was an even bet in the end as was KP's with keano.

Well played SEL, Andy was pretty much unstoppable in deciding match and Binks was genuinely unlucky which she couldn't afford against that.

Foo

Some of the best wgt golf I have seen, a really fun and great series played in great spirit...

Top Class TCC

Cheers Bandits and gl in your semi-final 

• bluey403
    1,529 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2020 12:48 AM

The road may have come to an end for the Thunderchickens, but what a fun ride it has been. As captain, I couldnt be prouder of our team's efforts. Virtually one shot away from the semi finals.

Gordon, cheers mate to the Bandits. A great performance to come from behind and snatch the win. We enjoyed 3 great games against Transgressional and the bond/rivalry between our two clubs will continue to strengthen I am sure

It was also great to renew rivalries with Cosa Nostra, Indian Red & Amigos along the way as well as making new friends at The Founders Club.

My sincerest thanks to Nigel for the score sheets and to the closest of my mates in WGT, Dotty and Finny for your dedication to keep this great competition ticking over

Finally, good luck to the remaining teams. Some serious heavy hitters still alive should see some great games in the coming weeks.

Cheers

Pete.

• TdotDoba
    2,164 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2020 4:23 AM

Your match ups for the Semi-Finals are posted... good luck all

-Dotty

• Young46
    1,297 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2020 3:28 PM

Fun match against Carl (Bader76). He played some great golf with some fantastic putts. I was able to birdie 18 to win 1up.

• f1dget
    4,074 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2020 10:22 PM

TBR Titans vs Nova A and The Cold Cut Combos vs The Trans Bandits it don't get any better. Some of the best players to ever walk the undulating lands of WGT are about to collide on Merion and give us some of the best match play golf you will ever see.

What a great way to start proceedings with Young up against Bader a fantastic match play round and both players gave it everything,. well done gents. 

Best of luck to all the teams.

Jay 

• TimBeck57
    396 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2020 2:04 AM

plate quarter final result Black Diamond vs Nova C

ry6055 #446 defeated Timbeck57 #188

• Rosco088
    12 Posts
    Tue, Jun 23 2020 2:14 PM

rosco088  #129 defeated

Doran908 # 260 tie 4/ in extra's hole's 

• TomCarioca
    292 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2020 8:21 AM

PLATE PLAYOFF: SF
    Match 2

Fairway Fanatics B   vs.   Indiared Chiefs

Tie #9

TomCarioca (#131)   vs.   korion450 (#261)

TomCarioca wins.

Lucky win for me, as Keith hit outstanding approaches but struggled badly with his putting throughout the match.

On the other hand I suffered terrible of not-being-able-to-ding-a-single-shot but had my putts sent on the right paths.

Thanks Keith, good fun, great sportsman!

---Tom

• HockeyTown2g
    101 Posts
    Wed, Jun 24 2020 6:21 PM

Fairway Fanatics B vs Indianred Chiefs

Tie #3 

HockeyTown2g #126 v bobo247 #267

Hard fought match by both of us:

Back and forth on the first 9 until he took 5 & 6 and stayed 2 up at the turn

Back 9 was more of the same all birdies from him. Nothing impressive at all from me except a birdie on 15 to bring back 1

Fought back to win a couple more on 16 & 17 to get to 1Dn going into 18…

Tying the last, bobo247 wins the match 1up

-- Gary

Bo is a great guy and we had lots of fun tonight. Thanks for the opportunity to again represent my club. 

• mikee672
    251 Posts
    Thu, Jun 25 2020 11:29 AM

Fun Match vs Jediknight1976....

Mikee672 won 2up vs jediknight.

was 4 up at one time but Matt came back 2 holes in a row to put some pressure on me. Pulled it off with 2 pars on 17.

Very good game Matt!!!! fun round for sure.

Mikee672

RSS