Forums

Help › Forums

Players "QUITING" on me!!!

Tue, May 1 2012 8:48 PM (165 replies)
  • MickAnderson
    105 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2012 9:22 AM

MrNaturals:

tell me i started @ 10 this morning and tryed playing aleast 6 games and not finshed 1 game and its now 11. WGT fine these fucker dont let them play for 24 hr. till they can log on. pisses me off.WGT WTF.

Don't be ridiculous.  How can you fine people for leaving a video game?  You anti-quitters are absolutely irrational.  Seriously, if someone leaves the game via the menu bar so that it doesn't freeze the game, what's the problem?  I understand people who just close the window on their turn because it prevents everyone else in the group from finishing, but if they're just leaving themselves, what does it matter?   Nobody is signing a contract, it's just a video game!!   I've never in my life seen so many people get so worked up over nothing.   Someone leaving a multiplayer game doesn't affect the rest of the group's ability to finish up.   All they're doing is wasting some wear on their ball by not finishing and getting level points for it.

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2012 2:12 PM

MickAnderson:
    Someone leaving a multiplayer game doesn't affect the rest of the group's ability to finish up.

That's where you're wrong Mick . . . it affects A/S games and is hugely frustrating 

• MickAnderson
    105 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2012 2:19 PM

Ok, I should have clarified - I was talking specifically about multiplayer stroke play games.  I agree that people shouldn't quit A/S games.

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2012 4:39 PM

It would also affect a M/P game come to think of it. Quitting is just wrong full stop! Like you said . . . it's just a video game . . . so why not just finish the bloody game, put it down to experience . . . and start afresh? No excuses at all in my book. It is a bit mad that it takes up so much space in the forums I must admit, especially when WGT say they can't do anything about it . . . but if it makes players feel better by getting it off their chest, let them get on with it I say! If it bugs you it's probably best not to read threads on "quitting" . . .

• MickAnderson
    105 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2012 9:10 PM

I think players who are frustrated with having their money stolen from them by WGT because of the deliberate meter skips it randomly puts on expensive balls going out of bounds are totally justified in quitting.

• GForce89
    1 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2012 7:35 PM

I am tired of the crappy putting system....i miss puts by less than 2 ft. every putt....none of them ever fall in....and it is ridiculous how much you miss a put by if you don't hit the meter perfectly on the backswing every time.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2012 10:07 PM

GForce89:

I am tired of the crappy putting system....i miss puts by less than 2 ft. every putt....none of them ever fall in....and it is ridiculous how much you miss a put by if you don't hit the meter perfectly on the backswing every time.

I know.

Really dude...lets quit!

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2012 11:52 PM

"Someone leaving a multiplayer game doesn't affect the rest of the groups ability to finsh up.  All they're doing is wasting some wear on their ball by not finishing and getting level points for it."   That is all you see.   What about the wear on my ball?  What about the loss of my extra points?  What about the waste of my personal time spent playing with a QUITTER, LOSER, POSER, BAD SPORT!  who is to inconsiderate of others playing the round with him that he thinks "It's okay it's only my ball use, my level up points."  WRONG!  What about all the time a player spends to be a competative player, the equipment, balls, etc. purchased so that the player can give YOU, a good game?  You do not fully understand or realize that it is not good video golf manners and ethics to QUIT.   Granted there are those occassions when a player must leave a round, but when those times occur it is only good manners to inform your other players that a ??? has arisen and must be dealt with.  Everyone can understand that, and I don't believe that it would be held against someone for doing it that way.  QUITTING is a moral coward's way out!  my nickle...

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2012 11:56 PM

MickAnderson:

I think players who are frustrated with having their money stolen from them by WGT because of the deliberate meter skips it randomly puts on expensive balls going out of bounds are totally justified in quitting.

I replied to your other post about WGT taking away you balls,  read it.  I replied to a entry you made about QUITTERS, read it too.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2012 11:59 PM

GForce89:

It is how the game is played!  There are those who have found that they do not have to "ding" every stroke and adjust thier point of aim to enhance thier abilities.   Maybe you should better learn how to play within the limits of the video game first.  my nickle

RSS