Help › Forums

Question about distance shown on clubs.

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 23 2019 9:18 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • RDHacker
    103 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2019 8:12 PM
    When wearing a piece of clothing that adds distance to your clubs the added distance is shown when you select the club. Why doesn't a ball that adds distance do the same? I realize that is not programmed into the game now but why not?
  • dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2019 10:21 PM

Or better yet; "clothing that adds distance to your clubs"???   W. T. F. ?

• RDHacker
    103 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 1:36 PM
    dchallenger:

Or better yet; "clothing that adds distance to your clubs"???   W. T. F. ?

I don't like the fact that there is clothing that adds distance to your clubs, I think that is stupid. That is not my point here. My point is we know that club distance can be shown on a club that is different than the default club distance. So why is it that when you equip a 5.0 distance rated ball the club does not reflect the added distance it gains.
  • drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 1:57 PM

That, is a perfectly reasonable question, however, this being WGT, I sincerely doubt you'll get anything close to a reasonable answer.

Doc :)

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 2:17 PM

RDHacker:
    why is it that when you equip a 5.0 distance rated ball the club does not reflect the added distance it gains.

apparel that adds distance just adds distance.

when it comes to the golf ball itself. there are two factors that matter on distance. Spin and the distance.

it's the combination of these two factors that matter.

many times on the high end balls you'll see the spin go from something like 4.0 to 4.2 but the distance go from 5.0- 5.3.

I think what actually is happening here is the net distance change is negligible but you're getting more bite on the green.

basically they add distance to make up for adding spin.

• RDHacker
    103 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 7:08 PM

Mythanatos:

RDHacker:
    why is it that when you equip a 5.0 distance rated ball the club does not reflect the added distance it gains.

apparel that adds distance just adds distance.

when it comes to the golf ball itself. there are two factors that matter on distance. Spin and the distance.

it's the combination of these two factors that matter.

many times on the high end balls you'll see the spin go from something like 4.0 to 4.2 but the distance go from 5.0- 5.3.

I think what actually is happening here is the net distance change is negligible but you're getting more bite on the green.

basically they add distance to make up for adding spin.

I kept reading this post over and over thinking WTF? Then I realized what your name is...  very clever... lol.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 1:27 PM

I know this isn't exactly the OP's question but I think it may fit.

Anyone know why one round my driver club distance shows 312 yards and the next it says 297 yards and another it shows 299 yards?   All with same apparel set up. 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 4:38 PM

hpurey:

Anyone know why one round my driver club distance shows 312 yards and the next it says 297 yards and another it shows 299 yards?   All with same apparel set up. 

Sorry, I can't explain it... I believe it has been reported numerous times, myself included and yet it still continues...

It is extremely frustrating when you are only playing 1 or 3 holes and your yardages are jacked up though.  I know people get annoyed with forfeiters, but if the game is jacking up yardages... why should I waste good ball hits when I may be guessing my yardages?  Problem is you have no way of knowing before you start a match and notice your yardages on the tee.

Update... played again... and again the yardages bounced around... maybe they use RNG on apparel to screw with you similar to how they are used to award apparel... just guessing game...

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 10:58 PM

RDHacker:
    When wearing a piece of clothing that adds distance to your clubs the added distance is shown when you select the club. Why doesn't a ball that adds distance do the same? I realize that is not programmed into the game now but why not?

The distance shown is relative to the club only for some unknown conditions (probably supposed to be 100% power, no wind, no elevation change, no WTF factor).  Each club and ball have their own attributes and it is up to the player to account for distance, elevation, wind, spin, etc.

Add to that the fact that different courses play differently and different holes on a course play different distance-wise, there is a lot to account for.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 4:14 AM

hpurey:

I know this isn't exactly the OP's question but I think it may fit.

I’m getting something similar, some ranked rounds my titleist driver is going 297 due to my swing edge cap, which I did up grade with some coins, and 3 wood is 255, on WGT tournaments it goes back to default 291 & 250 respectively.

I unlocked the appearance tab, changed my pants to the fox wind and my Rogue wedge is now 124, and wedges 3 yds more, I don’t know if that’s a good thing, it’s got me recalculating yardages. 

Now I can use a Bluetooth mouse on my iPad, I’m quite liking the mobile version, watch a video at the end, get a few more XP, but the bendy 3 footers are killing me sometimes, missed so many.

just bought the ugly sweater, looks reasonable!

• PAGES
RSS