Forums

Help › Forums

Screen Size Suggestion

Mon, Nov 18 2019 6:57 AM (24 replies)
  • EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 4:34 PM

If you could make the screen size (in a window) adjustable for height and width (like in the PC version with a click and drag) it would make this 7 year WGTer (and others I am sure) very happy.

My reason is that I have never used Putter Pal or percentage to putt.  I have my own system and need 2 windows open (one on one side one on the other) to make it work and play at a good rate of speed to get in a groove.

Just an idea.

EE

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 5:12 PM

EasyEdward:

If you could make the screen size (in a window) adjustable for height and width (like in the PC version with a click and drag) it would make this 7 year WGTer (and others I am sure) very happy.

My reason is that I have never used Putter Pal or percentage to putt.  I have my own system and need 2 windows open (one on one side one on the other) to make it work and play at a good rate of speed to get in a groove.

Just an idea.

EE

Ed click the gear symbol at the bottom right. Then click  video.

Looking down you will see fullscreen, click on it to shut it off. Then beside it is resolution. keep clicking until you get to 16X9 or 1366 X 768. Click the arrow at the top to return to the previous page and it will save and prompt you to restart the app. You will have much smaller screen.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Tue, Oct 1 2019 10:07 PM

Like Ed, I play with two monitors and maximize the gameclient on one.  I hope the screen does not disappear every time something else takes focus, as it apparently does now.

We also need flexible resolutions/sizes, not just a few.

• ScottHope
    10,013 Posts
    Fri, Oct 4 2019 4:16 AM

If anyone is interested in a temporary solution to this screen size thing until WGT sorts it, then read on.

I have written a short script for AutoHotKey that will expand the gamescreen with no borders to fill whatever screen size you have. You can also click on other applications that you may like to have running at the same time, without the game screen disappearing...

If anyone is interested, join in the conversation and I will add my script and tell you what to do with it, in the nicest possible way of course, lol.  ; )

P.S. Just because it works for me doesn't mean it'll work for everyone.

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Fri, Oct 4 2019 4:22 AM

U r a life saver, Scott !!!! :) :) 

between Mac version will be released soon n people like me need help from you too. I know we Mac people are a minority here, but we also want to have some fun until it is all sorted by WGT. 

Wait for more headaches lol :) :) gonna see an Indian taxi in your neighbourhood for sure lol

- Carl 

• ScottHope
    10,013 Posts
    Fri, Oct 4 2019 4:30 AM

Cheers Carl, the last and only Mac I had, did up with a belt round the waist, so I might not be much use to you on that front, hehe.

A taxi is great, just as long as you don't start the meter until you get here, lol.  ; )

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Fri, Oct 4 2019 4:33 AM

• ScottHope
    10,013 Posts
    Fri, Oct 4 2019 7:12 AM

Thank you Don. I have tried to write the script so that the game takes up all of the available screen space without bits being hidden behind the taskbar. So if you have a fat taskbar on the right for example, you'd get this...

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Oct 4 2019 7:24 AM

Where are the instructions on how to do this

• ScottHope
    10,013 Posts
    Fri, Oct 4 2019 7:37 AM

Can you install AutoHotKey first Woodo. Then I'll give you a small test script to see if that works first.

RSS