Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Sat, May 4 2024 12:17 PM (1,419 replies)
  • pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2020 5:55 AM

i downloaded the version, but the bottom portion of my home screen is cut off on my laptop.

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2020 6:25 AM

got it...had to go into full screen....but my laptop with only 8GB of ram is unable to play the game smoothly.  meter is extremely choppy, but that's more likely my computer than the game.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2020 6:44 AM

pdiehm:

got it...had to go into full screen....but my laptop with only 8GB of ram is unable to play the game smoothly.  meter is extremely choppy, but that's more likely my computer than the game.

Go into your task manager and shut off things that don't need to be running. I always shut off Edge and play with Opera.

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2020 7:21 AM

DonCaron:

pdiehm:

Go into your task manager and shut off things that don't need to be running. I always shut off Edge and play with Opera.

It's steam. it's bogging my computer down bigtime.  If I play directly from the downloaded link, it's smoother.  But I don't like how I have to go into full screen to see the bottom of the screen, as it's cut off otherwise.

• ScottHope
    10,111 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2020 7:30 AM

Take the game out of fullscreen pdiehm, and try either THIS or THIS.

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2020 9:20 AM

ok, it worked better on the smaller laptop, however when I went into options, the options bar never left the top of the window which covered up the wind direction etc.  

• ScottHope
    10,111 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2020 10:11 PM

Okay, thanks.

Do you know what resolution your small laptop screen is?

Any chance of a picture of the glitch?

• pdiehm
    285 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 5:36 AM

i do, but it isn't copying.  Essentially if I was in FS Mode, if I went into Options, in the upper left corner, you have the back arrow and options...it would go back to the game, however, that header would not go away covering up the top portion of the screen, including wind direction and score.

Annoying.  Doesn't seem to be a problem if I go into task manager and maximize.

• ScottHope
    10,111 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 5:51 AM

pdiehm:
    Essentially if I was in FS Mode, if I went into Options, in the upper left corner, you have the back arrow and options...it would go back to the game, however, that header would not go away covering up the top portion of the screen, including wind direction and score.

Okay, thank you. Sounds like another bug for WGT to fix.

• thedugzbozz
    23 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 6:36 AM

I lose half my putting green grid when I drag my marker right or left. Is there a way to putt with a full grid as I have always done in the flash version. Even in reverse view I still lose half my grid when I grab the marker to aim. is there a setting I can change to allow the whole grid to be available or is this going to be the new norm?

RSS