Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Sat, May 4 2024 12:17 PM (1,419 replies)
  • styxcruiser
    140 Posts
    Wed, Mar 11 2020 9:16 AM

I downloaded the early access to WGT last evening (for PC) and  I want to reassure every 1 who has not done so that , THIS WILL WORK!!! I have been playing on this site since 2012 and  I'm like every 1 else, I hate  the fact that I love this site so much. I had to play on my smartphone for a short amount of time, the download is exactly like that. I navigated the downloaded very easily ,played a nine hole round ,very smooth I really enjoyed Thank You WGT!!! Sincerely Shawn, AKA STYXCRUISER!! PEACE ALL!!!

• treebeard
    227 Posts
    Wed, Mar 11 2020 3:10 PM

I'm thinking that now they have put the new version on steam (tomorrow at 8am GMT-1 ) , they might very well drop the PCEA version altogether.

I will get the steam version in the morning and have a look. Let yous know.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Mar 11 2020 4:06 PM

treebeard:

I'm thinking that now they have put the new version on steam (tomorrow at 8am GMT-1 ) , they might very well drop the PCEA version altogether.

I will get the steam version in the morning and have a look. Let yous know.

You should get it automatically when you checked off the wishlist.

I'll get up at 4AM to play with it. I'm sure there will be surprises

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Mar 11 2020 7:52 PM

The Steam release is no longer happening tomorrow and has been postponed. See this thread: http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/623598.aspx

• Matrix3381
    85 Posts
    Mon, Mar 16 2020 2:23 AM

pdb1:

Matrix3381:

Main point is that wgt asks for comments from pc users.Mobile users already have their app.Why they want to make pc version same as mobile is beyond me.

All you guys are doing is enabling wgt people.They are just checking reaction of pc players.If there is enough acceptance,they will impose this half baked installer on them.Easier than putting time and effort developing a full featured game.

Exactly right . They will choose the easy and cost efficient format . Rather than use what we know to be extensive and considerable income and profits . To research and develop new state of the art , cutting edge gaming technology . Equal to or far surpassing our favorite but agreeably outdated current PC version .

Somehow they need to be aware just how important that is to us . Convince and support them to rise above and give us what we all know we deserve and believe they have the technology and funding and motivation to reach for the stars and develop a most superior format .

Especially if gaming engines like steam are being considered . The sky is the limit . Now is their opportunity to push the limits of technology . Create the ultimate and untouchable WGT . To lead the industry way into the future . That is the only goal that makes sense .

I been on the steam platform a long time and got to tell the devs, if they don't bring cutting edge tech to the game and to steam, plus don't fix the other issues the community has brought up then they will get roasted on steam their first day.

My steam username is matrix30815 and steam users are truthful at least the ones not the trolls.

• BethBirdie
    11 Posts
    Tue, Mar 17 2020 4:45 AM

Having read through all the comments and feedback in respect of the new version, I would have to say I broadly agree with them all.

Hopefully, the emphasis here, being described as 'Early Access', means this is, in fact, a 'Trial' version and the comments of the faithful users will be implemented into the resulting operational launch version.

I would say, as a pc user, the key question would be: "does this new version give me more that the existing flash player version we have used and grown to love over many years now?" Unfortunately, the answer to that has to be a very profound "No", as the new version, in it's current 'Early Access' form offers considerably less.

It appears the whole transformation has been built upon the far inferior mobile version, when it realistically should have been based upon the existing pc version and built up from that at the outset.

All the points about the function and operation previously made in this forum ought to be looked at and rectified.

In addition, i have some further items of concern:

Avatars - As with the clubs and equipment members have spent good money on acquiring, the avatar clothing that I've paid for ought to be transferred over. This needs to apply to golf bags too. I've spent a lot of money on these items and I'd like them back please!

Player Stats - These can only be accessed when a player is taking a shot. Previously you could look at these at any time, for any player during a game.

Full Screen - Players should be able to toggle in and out during play.

Chat - The chat box is very cumbersome - having to toggle in and out of it. Previously it was a drop down box and could be left in the background during play.

Friends - Again, you could drop this down during play to see who was around.

Account - This version doesn't seem to allow you to access your account page, either when your on the home screen or during play. 

Appearance - Still haven't worked out how to get a photo on the new version, or how to change it?

Graphics - Avatars, balls, flagpoles seem very robotic and superimposed. Don't blend in with the course graphics very well.

Putting Grid - The back half disappears when you click to aim, making alignment very difficult. Also the dialogue boxes during aim and following the putt obscure the line.

Reverse Camera/Alternate views - These are not available when other players are taking shots. For example, you can't see the reverse putt line when you might have to follow with a similar shot.

I'm sure there's many other shortcomings that will come to light in fine-tuning this new version. All in all, however, it does seem this has been approached from the wrong angle and the far superior pc version has been disregarded when, really, it ought to have been the starting point. Member customers are being thrown an inferior version and it's giving me far less than I'm accustomed to with the current version. Please either address these issues or seek to extend the flash version.

Thanking you as an avid follower and customer. bb

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Mar 17 2020 5:06 AM

BethBirdie:
    Appearance - Still haven't worked out how to get a photo on the new version, or how to change it?

Hit the Windows key and then Print Screen for a Screenshot

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Tue, Mar 17 2020 8:39 AM

BethBirdie:

Putting Grid - The back half disappears when you click to aim, making alignment very difficult. Also the dialogue boxes during aim and following the putt obscure the line.

I'd be nervous about changing anything with putting on the new version. I think it woks perfectly as it is. But the rest of these would all be good changes. 

• SamSpayed
    4,911 Posts
    Tue, Mar 17 2020 10:12 AM

DonCaron:

BethBirdie:

Hit the Windows key and then Print Screen for a Screenshot

She's referring to how to upload a new photo to her player profile, Don.

RSS