Forums

Help › Forums

Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • BogeyOne
    1,967 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2020 4:34 PM

madmanmonk:

The hole map and camera view icons on the right, chat on the left.

Click on the settings gear and make changes there.

• HanksterPar
    30 Posts
    Sat, Nov 7 2020 7:53 PM

New version has issues.

Meter is very unpredictable and jittery.

WGT (Topgolf) - In your infinite wisdom, why didn't you create a meter that was client app based, smooth and accurate. Once the player swings and clicks stop, the app then transmits the exact stop location.  This could have been created easily in the app . The stop point is transmitted back to the server online instead of making it connection based real-time. Connection quality determines how accurate your swing is. This is a big negative.

DO YOU THINK WE ARE IDIOTS? We know these little tweaks create chaos in the swing and burns more balls when we miss.It soooo frustrating.  Now that gambling has been introduced, you will be forced to fix this because members wion't put up with it when money is on the line.

The putting sux. Not even close to the accuracy of the flash version. Ball speeds and breaks require twice the adjustment and then its 50/50. I've never had so many balls miss the cup or die on the lip.

The gambling aspect requires self discipline. Be careful members.

Also, if you want to play on an external monitor, you have to go into the Windows Display Setting and make your external monitor the primary Main monitor and then set the resolution to that monitor. If you reinstall to make this work, you'll need to go in and delete the Windows system sub-folder "Topgolf" before reinstalling.

The monitor and resolution for the monitor must be decided before you install the launcher.

Finally, WGT takes on a feel like a kiddie game on x-box. The old version allowed you to focus on the course and the shot in front of you.  This version is a cartoon - forcing you to look at the avatar. For goodness sake, at least make the avatar semi-transparent which will bring you back to focus on the shot.

New Version score 5.7 out of 10.  With meter tweaks (stop point via the app). a transparent avatar to de-emphasize, adjust the putting closer to the Flash version, and finally, fix the installation msi Launcher and monitor default, this game could be a 8 of 10.

• AlexBorgesjr
    1,299 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2020 2:42 PM

I have to disagree with you on meter, one I found the right ball and right clubs the meter is perfect and flows smooth as silk does it have a hiccup every once in a while, well yes but I played golf 30 years and had more hiccups in one month, which is 8 games than I have had in hundreds of games in new version and my dtp has really improved and my computer is over 12 years old but well maintained every year and up graded. I usually just stroll right by people who whine, but remember this version isn't close to being 100 percent, but I hit as long , but just as well the same. and my approach shots are much better.   could be I now use the Callaway Rogue irons, Callaway wedges, Callaway woods and that Taylor made drive that goes 291 on a bad day. look it took me a while to adjust to the new version or for it to adjust to me, everyone in our club of 30 merry active members extremely happy , we have 1, who says on practice games , the numbers are all off with his calculator, I wouldn't know never used one, is it possible maybe you have to adjust your tech for the new version , because the first putt I missed on new version from 3 feet, I screamed cussed, swore I would never play again....... until it was my turn again, lol. hey golfers embrace change, that's all you're ever going to be able to count on, Change that is a constant.  one more thing we have a 45 man club, we have 31 player's we are inviting a zillion players to try out for us, you never spend a cent, yes we have money games, some play clash, turf wars, some meet up at 7eastern on on cell phones, and others on discord and play and talk at same time , were a dyeing club the average age of our golfers is over 65, we have had 9 players over 9 years in club, and 5 close or over 5 years , we have golfers in there's 40's,50's,60's,70's,80's and 1 in his 90'sand still wins a few club games a month, All we ask is everyone who joins make friends, and play 20 times a month in club, don't have to buy passes, But if some one buys me a gift every once in a while I don't want to be the only jack ass that doesn't pay it forward even if all I could afford was club pass.    I Love this GAME.

• Cenzo91
    23 Posts
    Fri, Nov 13 2020 12:21 PM

Is there a reason the PC version has limited numbers of bracket tournaments?  Example - just tried to get into one on PC version, only 1 was listed as available.  I close out the PC app and open flash up and there are 6 available, free bracket tournaments.  Not sure what's going on here, but it happens all the time.

• AugustWest82772
    45 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2020 5:24 PM

"WGT will be removing the Flash come the end of the year thus users, regardless of if they have found a way to continue using flash based games, will no longer have access to the flash version of WGT."

Why is WGT doing this? What would it hurt them to let people use Flash as long as they are able to?

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2020 6:47 PM

AugustWest82772:

"WGT will be removing the Flash come the end of the year thus users, regardless of if they have found a way to continue using flash based games, will no longer have access to the flash version of WGT."

Why is WGT doing this? What would it hurt them to let people use Flash as long as they are able to?

Honestly, I think it was fantastic that they got it out of the way. Why keep people hanging when they know it wont work.

Kudos WGT

• AugustWest82772
    45 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2020 7:59 PM

I works for me no problem, always has.

• SamSpayed
    4,907 Posts
    Sat, Nov 14 2020 9:14 PM

AugustWest82772:

Because it would be a support nightmare for them.

They'd have to continue to maintain the Flash version as they make updates to the game, eg. adding new items to the Pro Shop, setting up Clashes and special events, etc.  And they'd have to deal with all the PMs and emails they'd get from users having problems with the Flash version. 

Why put themselves through all that, when they can just shut it down and tell everyone to go to the new PC app? 😕

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2020 7:49 AM

AugustWest82772:

Even more so than the whole player support headache to deal with is the fact that TG/WGT seem to be trying to make some advances in taking the game into the whole 'e-sport' type of genre. E-tour, the Live matches etc...

No way to do any of that while the game is using Flash and full browser play.

• AugustWest82772
    45 Posts
    Tue, Nov 17 2020 4:32 PM

Makes sense....thanks for the explanations guys.

RSS