Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2020 3:54 AM

alreno:

TopShelf2010:

TheSpark4:
    Bring on a (more) level playing field

It will be difficult.

Mobile will continue to grow. The same for PCEA.

However, as it has been mentioned many times in the past, pc flash is not going anywhere. As long as users can find ways to access it, it will be there.

I find it difficult to believe that players that are used to scoring well with flash, will do anything out the norm in the future... especially when it comes to qualifying for major events.

Don

Sorry Don the PC version and flash are old technology and as such will go away - old technology always goes away.  Put away your flip phone and your dial phone at home and move forward as you'll be forced to do.  Photographers said they would "never" give up film in their cameras lol - it's all digital now.  Same with 8 tracks, vinyl, CD's and blah blah blah.  Just like most players hair - it will go away.

Alan  

Would you say the mobile version is an upgrade over the PC Version?

You can bet ya bottom dollar WGT numbers if the PC version closed would crash overnight.. Play the game on a 22 inch screen or a mobile?   Really!!

• JDGHOST
    6,791 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2020 4:52 AM

alreno:
    There are far "more" top tier players on mobile than PC but time will tell once the switch is made completely.  Once there's a level playing field we'll see.  I have a feeling you'll be surprised.  There are so many really great players on mobile just waiting to prove a point to the "old" school pc players.  PC players have had an advantage for far too long.

LOL.... WAY WRONG..... Seeing that putting is maybe 90% of the ability to score low AND the putting is MUCH easier on the mobile who has the advantage??...And far more top tier players on mobile??....Ummmm I do not concur....

JD

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2020 8:28 AM

JDGHOST:
    Seeing that putting is maybe 90% of the ability to score low AND the putting is MUCH easier on the mobile who has the advantage??

first. ADP is a better stat to go by assuming it's not screwed up by playing red tee tourneys. Close ADPs result in higher first putts made stats. Sure there are people that can make a higher number of long distance putts but even they will tell you they'd prefer not to  have to try many of those.

secondly: Even though i've backed way off in the last year. I've been one of the few that for the last 4 years has consistently played both mobile and flash versions. Often playing both types in the same day.

I've had times where I thought mobile was easier and played Ready Gos exclusively on mobile and other times where i went the other way and thought it was easier on PC and played RGs exclusively that way.

Here's the reality. Forgiveness in regards to timing approach shots is easier on mobile. slight misses are still ok.  Putting on PC is usually flatter and has less break in comparison so is "usually" easier. However I've had nights where i wasn't quite reading breaks right on either platform so switched platforms to the other and it helped. No matter which way i switched.

So it really depends on which areas you are "on" that night. 

Thirdly: no matter whether trying to hit a ding or specifically trying to hit specific off ding spots a mouse is significantly easier to time than tapping a screen. PC players will always have this advantage.

Also when it comes to tournaments any tournament that has a round in which you can have unlimited plays, the PC crowd currently dominates. 

My guess as to why this is has to do with patience. Most mobile players play much faster in comparison. Constantly having one on one matches provides constant challenges. Credits are nice but really do many of us play to make a profit? for me it's about the competition. mobile players tend to look at unlimited play as a waste of their enjoyment. 

Whereas in order to win a VT tourney you have to be willing to restart rounds over and over to get the start that you want.  The PC players seem to be much more willing to do this. Me? I hate it. I think it's created by WGT just to get more ball hits.  there is simply no reason other than that to not have each round be just one attempt. 

I've watched RGs quite a bit in the last few months in several tiers and the people that i know are mobile players are doing quite well.  I dont think there is much difference any more between PC and mobile when only get one try.

and lastly in showdowns there are 50-100 mobile players in expert  competing and often coming out ahead of some of the best PC players. And it's not an apparel based advantage because the ones i'm talking about have gotten the apparel they wanted a while ago in preparation for the downfall of flash. So it's not  as if they don't have it. However final judgment is difficult because "expert" is being played off of master/TM tees. And that's a complete joke for people in this skill bracket.

The problem is most of you are making conclusions when have really not put any significant time into whatever the other method is of playing.

a few rounds isn't enough.

• JDGHOST
    6,791 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2020 11:23 AM

Mythanatos:
    Thirdly: no matter whether trying to hit a ding or specifically trying to hit specific off ding spots a mouse is significantly easier to time than tapping a screen. PC players will always have this advantage.

I agree mouse would be much easier correct me if wrong ....But can you not use a mouse on a larger screen tablet? I would assume in 2020 that tech has to be available? And I would bet  the top WGT Mobile players are on large screen tablets...And if we are talking about mobile players that ACTUALLY play on a phone LOL they should not even discuss their "Disadvantage" or the "Difficulty" of mobile ....Your on a 4 or 5 inch screen Da.. of course your at a disadvantage but that's your choice to play a game in micro-vision!! Any high end top gamer in ANY game Madden...Call of Duty....Fortnite or be it WGT....Does not compete at the highest level on a phone...

That being said I have played exclusively on a 13 inch (now 15 inch) laptop since the very FIRST time I found this great game ...and NEVER (not once) have used a mouse ...100% Touch-pad and I have to time and tap the pad there are no "buttons" like a mouse .....For whatever that's worth LOL....

JD

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2020 11:46 AM

JDGHOST:
    But can you not use a mouse on a larger screen tablet?

yes this is possible but i have never done it so i can't comment on whether or not there is any significant lag between mouse and tablet. 

I can say that I prefer a corded mouse on my PC to the wireless mouse on my work  laptop. I "think" it's more consistent. whether it's true or in my head i can't tell you. But even if it's just in my head then that's a good enough reason.

JDGHOST:
    And if we are talking about mobile players that ACTUALLY play on a phone

Quite a few play on phone exclusively. I will do it here or there. Mainly in coin games when i don't mind losing a few points on my winning %s. Killing time, etc. I can still do ok on it. It's not some drastic change in outcome. 

I've played tourneys when out of town and that was my only option. It probably costs me a stroke each side on average. But i've had amazing rounds on just my phone and had some bad headshakers too. I prefer tablet to phone for the obvious reason you stated.

The math is the math no matter what. Short game is still super important and why so many holes are "automatic birdies". Lots of forgiveness in wedge shots.  and bunker shots, punches, and flops dont really change difficulty on platform changes.

I will say that if i'm playing on phone i tend to switch my mindset. I stop trying to hit the ding and go for slight offdings into whatever wind (approach)  or break (putts) there is. Just gets harder to hit the ding on a tiny screen and I'm 51 which doesnt help on the small screens.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2020 12:28 PM

Mythanatos:

JDGHOST:

yes this is possible but i have never done it so i can't comment on whether or not there is any significant lag between mouse and tablet. 

As stated you can now use a bluetooth mouse on an ipad, i use a basic logitech pebble €22 and there is no lag compared to ‘hovering’ your finger over the screen. I’m an original flash player and hitting the ding is theoretically harder on my ipad, with a mouse though i find it easier to hit earlier or later as required. Hitting the ding…… you still need to putt though!

• JDGHOST
    6,791 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2020 3:07 PM

Mythanatos:

JDGHOST:

I can say that I prefer a corded mouse on my PC to the wireless mouse on my work  laptop. I "think" it's more consistent. whether it's true or in my head i can't tell you. But even if it's just in my head then that's a good enough reason.

JDGHOST:
    And if we are talking about mobile players that ACTUALLY play on a phone

Quite a few play on phone exclusively. I will do it here or there. Mainly in coin games when i don't mind losing a few points on my winning %s. Killing time, etc. I can still do ok on it. It's not some drastic change in outcome. 

I've played tourneys when out of town and that was my only option. It probably costs me a stroke each side on average. But i've had amazing rounds on just my phone and had some bad headshakers too. I prefer tablet to phone for the obvious reason you stated.

The math is the math no matter what. Short game is still super important and why so many holes are "automatic birdies". Lots of forgiveness in wedge shots.  and bunker shots, punches, and flops dont really change difficulty on platform changes.

I will say that if i'm playing on phone i tend to switch my mindset. I stop trying to hit the ding and go for slight offdings into whatever wind (approach)  or break (putts) there is. Just gets harder to hit the ding on a tiny screen and I'm 51 which doesnt help on the small screens.

I am also 51 lol and EVERYTHING seems a bit more difficult to see ....I actually cant see my laptop right in front of me now without the high powered readers my grandpa use to wear (And I said wow that will never happen to me)...Anyway enjoyed our spirited discussion about what way is better or more difficult to play this infernal game..... In the end we all have our own opinion 👍...

Hit um straight my friend,JD

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2020 3:19 PM

Mythanatos:
    Here's the reality. Forgiveness in regards to timing approach shots is easier on mobile. slight misses are still ok.  Putting on PC is usually flatter and has less break in comparison so is "usually" easier.

This entirely reflects my experience on PCEA, although I had never played the mobile version before it was released.

In fact I seem to be shooting lower scores more consistently on the new version than I did on flash, and I think that is mostly to do with the more forgiving approach shots. The putting was a nightmare to begin with because the break was much more extreme than I was used to, but after six weeks of practice I have it just about worked out. Or, to be more accurate, just about as worked out as I ever did on the flash version!

On the whole, now I have got used to it, and in contrast to the assertions of some others here, my impression is that the PCEA version is slightly easier than the flash version on PC. Just....not at first.

Nigel.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2020 5:36 PM

JDGHOST:

m also 51 lol and EVERYTHING seems a bit more difficult to see ....I actually cant see my laptop right in front of me now without the high powered readers my grandpa use to wear (And I said wow that will never happen to me)...Anyway enjoyed our spirited discussion about what way is better or more difficult to play this infernal game..... In the end we all have our own opinion 👍...

Wait until you get over 60. Got to put my glasses on then.

It stinks getting old

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Mar 2 2020 6:22 PM

DonCaron:

JDGHOST:

m also 51 lol and EVERYTHING seems a bit more difficult to see ....I actually cant see my laptop right in front of me now without the high powered readers my grandpa use to wear (And I said wow that will never happen to me)...Anyway enjoyed our spirited discussion about what way is better or more difficult to play this infernal game..... In the end we all have our own opinion 👍...

Wait until you get over 60. Got to put my glasses on then.

It stinks getting old

I have Glaucoma also., I have no Peripheral Vision at all for the meter. Got to make due with my other senses

RSS