Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 5:20 AM

borntobesting:
    So if the forums are accessible on a phone without flash they will find a way to make them accessible on a PC or Mac without flash.  

They would have to scrap the friends list and come up with something else to keep everybody connected.

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 12:34 PM

YankeeJim:

borntobesting:
    So if the forums are accessible on a phone without flash they will find a way to make them accessible on a PC or Mac without flash.  

They would have to scrap the friends list and come up with something else to keep everybody connected.

Jim the friends list is on the new game, It is not like the flash version but actually I think it may be better and more intuative than the flash version., 

• Bowl64
    3,088 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 12:58 PM
    Have to laugh LOL!!! Have a new problem showing up now, clicked to get the launcher downloaded from page 1 of this thread and this time the following message showed up -"The installationpackage couldn`t be opened. Confirm that the package exsists and that you`re able to access it, or contact the program vendor to confirm that it`s a valid package for Windows Installer". Bjorn
  • MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 1:33 PM
    Bowl64:
    Have to laugh LOL!!! Have a new problem showing up now, clicked to get the launcher downloaded from page 1 of this thread and this time the following message showed up -"The installationpackage couldn`t be opened. Confirm that the package exsists and that you`re able to access it, or contact the program vendor to confirm that it`s a valid package for Windows Installer". Bjorn
    bjorn ...my problem was that my google acc was not linked to my computer.......when i changed to another email acc it accepted it and downloaded first time.......check your accounts for google and microsoft and emails are all correct ps im running an old computer.. 11 ram.. on windows 10 pro.....good luck pal ..regards mickey
  • Bowl64
    3,088 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 2:02 PM

MGB01:
    Bowl64:

bjorn ...my problem was that my google acc was not linked to my computer.......when i changed to another email acc it accepted it and downloaded first time.......check your accounts for google and microsoft and emails are all correct ps im running an old computer.. 11 ram.. on windows 10 pro.....good luck pal ..regards mickey

Thanks Mickey :)))

• nerve60
    285 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 8:32 PM

Downloading tomorrow. Have played a bit of mobile and that big square white box on the line up on the green is always in my way, I line putts up from reverse. If somehow wgt can move that outa the way, would make lining up putts lots easier.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Oct 24 2019 5:29 AM

WGTChampion:

If you have spent time with other versions of WGT you’ll notice that the feature set in this first version is very close to the mobile game. Many Flash-only modes are currently missing and will be added to the game over time.

Thanks in advance for taking a look and sending your feedback!

You can download the game for Windows HERE

MacOS version coming soon!

Please leave all feedback in the WGT Early Access Forum. THANKS!

_CHAMPION

I JUST DON'T GET IT.

With all the extremely high level technology we have isn't there a way (somehow, someway) to transfer this game to a software disc, or SOMETHING that gives us an opportunity to BUY the game and download it to our PC's ?

I am not computer savvy but there HAS TO BE a way to do something to save this HD game. 

HAS TO BE

• nerve60
    285 Posts
    Thu, Oct 24 2019 7:54 PM

Played the app today. I actually like it. Dont get me wrong, its not Flash by any means. Biggest plus - Cross-Platform play

Cons- Picture quality even at highest setting is poor.

Putting is harder... for now

Least liked the HUGE meter, way too large, very hard to hit ding, played with   a             3.5 ball and that was not 3.5, more like 2

*After thinking about it, meter speed may have been correct. The over size meter may have given it the appearance that the meter was in Hyper-speed mode.

• mrm6400
    1,791 Posts
    Fri, Oct 25 2019 5:36 AM

WGT Champion,

A couple of questions about Game as I am new to mobile and new PC version.

When I try to send a request to play a friend it comes up with No Cross-Platform Play because I am logged in under the new PC version and my friends are logged into Flash version.  I am sure this is normal but I wanted to know when Flash goes away will this be corrected so we can invite friends to play a round of our choice on a course of our choice.

Right now all I can do is play a head to head match in rooms with coins and such.  I had no control of the course or anything else.  Just random course and random opponent.

Also I don't quite understand the Golfer Upgrades when you win with sponsorship in coin head to head rooms.  You change your apparel and say have longer distance with irons or slower meter with irons.  And it works great when playing in the coin room matches but when you go play a WGT tourney or a  Country Club event your golfer has lost all the upgrades.  Question is why is the upgrades not for all game modes.  It sure makes a the game and playing it more enjoyable.  So would make sense for the changes to be a permanent reward for your golfer for any type of play.

Thanks for helping us to understand more of what is going on and why and what we should expect moving forward.

Michael

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Oct 25 2019 6:07 AM

mrm6400:
    Right now all I can do is play a head to head match in rooms with coins and such.  I had no control of the course or anything else.  Just random course and random opponent.

Click on game modes, then stroke play for Wgt Tournaments or Game Modes>Single Players and click Stroke Play.

Club Tournaments, click on the lower right where it says Country Club and at the top right it will say Club Tournaments.

I setup Custom Courses in my club for everyone to play with the new App. It wont affect their averages that way.

RSS