Forums

Help › Forums

THE WGA TOUR 2009

Thu, Jan 7 2010 4:02 PM (1,457 replies)
  • coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 5:48 AM

***  THIS TOURNAMENT IS NOT SPONSORED BY WGT

THE WGA TOUR is a season of weekly tournaments of stroke play and match play. You'll earn points for finishing in the top 20 of a tournament, and the points you earn place you in a race for the WGA TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP at the end of the season where the top 20 players will play for the WGA CUP title.

Tournaments are made up of 3 types:

• WGA Tournament -  2 rounds of 9-hole Stroke Play
    • World Golf Championship Tournament -  3 rounds of 9-hole Stroke Play with cut made after 2 rounds
    • Major Tournament -  3 rounds of 9-hole Stroke Play with cut made after 2 rounds

The WGA Points system are different for each type of tournament with the Major tournaments having most points allocated.

There are 2 PLAYOFF tournaments at the end of season where the points awarded are 3 times the regular tournaments.

The WGA Points are reset after the PLAYOFF tournaments for the top 20 players who will play in the WGA TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP for the WGA CUP title.

Click here to review the WGA POINTS SYSTEM

WGA TOUR POINTS STANDING -   Not many changes in the Top 10 in the standing with the exception of jakestanfill7 who moved up 2 places to number 7.  Else where Knucklewoods made a big jump from 27 to 16 and impressive first up performance by timpyron1980 see him enter the standing at 19.  Also a good performance by Thunderboltz in The Open saw him entered the standing at 30.

Click on this link to view the full  WGA POINTS STANDING

WGA TOUR STATISTICS -  Every round played on the Tour is recorded and important stats are produced to assist all the players understand more about their own game and identify their strengths and weaknesses which can help to improve their performance in the tournaments.  The Tour stats are updated every week on Tuesday.

Stats Category Leaders

Click on this link to view the full table of  WGA TOUR STATS

WGA TOUR SCHEDULE -

• This Week:       Arnold Palmer Invitational
    • Next Week:       WGC - Bridgestone Invitational

Click here to see the full SCHEDULE CALENDAR

WGA TOUR HALL OF CHAMPIONS -   Congratulations to BolloxInBruges for capturing his first major tournament.

The WGA TOUR News & Update are posted every Monday during the season to provide the latest information on the tour for all the players.

Players are required to register to join the WGA TOUR at the start of the season to be eligible to play in any of the tournaments.  There is no need to sign up again when you want to play. 

Click here to REGISTER for the WGA TOUR

To see who has registered for the WGA TOUR  Click here

Join the WGA TOUR if you're looking for excitement, friendly competition and a lot of fun !

********************************

16th - 30th December

We welcome the following new members to the WGA Tour, I hope you'll all play well and have an enjoyable time:-

• TigerWoo68,  SweetiePie,  resozv,  Randy209,  Lindsaycd,  sterlingbills
    • kennyadam,  raiderich9,  Ricomontoya,  ckiniry,  sgtlil,  pillsy,  Barrett32
    • Swiftowl,  lfarrell,  NormH3,  azshawn71,  Gerryts,  hatch62
    • chipshotcharlie,  johnmetz4842

These players are eligible to participate in any tournaments with effect immediately.

Remember you can sign up any time to join the Tour and start to participate in the tournaments immediately.  To register go to the link provided above.

********************************

Monday 4th January

FINAL RESULT -   And we have a sudden death playoff to decide the winner of the tournament !!  After sensational final rounds by BolloxInBruges (-9) and PRIESTESS (-7), we will now wait to see who will survive this fantastic duel !  Keep track of the Tour's latest News & Update for the announcement of the result.

Also Congratulations to the 2 players who finished in equal 3rd place - ClaremoreBlue for another strong all round performance and paulmcm for his great final round of -8 which catapult him to his best finish on The Tour so far, and finally to resozv for finishing as top Pro in only his 2nd tournament on Tour, well done gents !

• Champion -                      ???
    • Runner Up -                     ???
    • Equal 3rd -                       ClaremoreBlue
    •                                            paulmcm
    • Best Finish by a Pro -    resozv

Here are the top 10 finishers of the tournament - 

Click on this link to view the full  FINAL RESULT  and the WGA Points earning.

Check out the latest WGA Tour Points Standing with the link provided on the front page of this thread. 

That's the end of another exciting tournament on the Tour, thanks to all the players who participated as I know everyone were very busy during the holidays season so your effort is great appreciated.  Also thanks to my friends and the players who helped out during the tournament.

Finally it's at this point in time that we say farewell to this thread and move on to a brand new one for the new year 2010 !  Please do not add any further reply here as it would only cause confusion for everyone.  Click on this link to go directly to the new thread for the  2010 WGA TOUR

• thunderbird
    381 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 6:01 AM

Count me in this looks great!

• phrasmotic
    46 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 6:16 AM

I'm in - sounds lots of fun!

phrasmotic - master, 67.15

• Kobalt46
    276 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 6:39 AM

you know i am in mate  nice layout

• snakester
    62 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 7:04 AM

sign me up...this sounds fun!

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 7:28 AM

guess ill try it again.

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 7:33 AM

You certainly don't sound too excited there Rob ! lol

C'mon man even a coont can admit to being one of the die hard fan of the old WGA TOUR ! lol

Great to hear from you man, I'll do my best to make sure you'll have some fun and laughs !

• kevinmosley
    76 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 7:36 AM

count me in dude

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 8:02 AM

Cool my friend i must say you are incorrect about me not being excited.......

At this point i am so excited i have excitement coming out my rear :)

• boblarsen
    92 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2009 8:31 AM

Nice job Coolswing!

RSS