Forums

Help › Forums

2010 WGA TOUR

Tue, Feb 1 2011 6:26 PM (1,058 replies)
  • coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 8:05 AM

***  THIS TOURNAMENT IS NOT SPONSORED BY WGT

THE 2010 WGA TOUR is a season of weekly tournaments of stroke play and match play. You'll earn points for finishing in the top 20 of a tournament, and the points you earn place you in a race for the WGA TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP at the end of the season where the top 20 players will play for the WGA CUP title.

Tournaments are made up of 3 types:

• WGA Tournament -  2 rounds of 9-hole Stroke Play
    • World Golf Championship Tournament -  3 rounds of 9-hole Stroke Play with cut made after 2 rounds
    • Major Tournament -  3 rounds of 9-hole Stroke Play with cut made after 2 rounds

The WGA Points system are different for each type of tournament with the Major tournaments having most points allocated.

There are 2 PLAYOFF tournaments at the end of season where the points awarded are 3 times the regular tournaments.

The WGA Points are reset after the PLAYOFF tournaments for the top 20 players who will play in the WGA TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP for the WGA CUP title.

Click here to review the WGA POINTS SYSTEM

WGA TOUR POINTS STANDING -   It's a week of upsets and surprises as the Top 20 in the WGA Points race came to a finale !  The Top 10 remain much the same but there was plenty of dramas with some surprising results from the last playoff tournament, here are some highlights:

• With his best finish in a tournament this season, eternalspirit was a joint runner-up in the BMW Championship and with a big scoop of WGA points he rocketed in to # 12 position and earn himself a ticket to the elite Tour Championship tournament. A fantastic performance under pressure !
    • Knuckelwoods who only played in 6 events this season, finished strongly in the playoffs including a top 10 result, and cruised in to #16 in the final standing, what a great effort that was !
    • It's been a real tough fight for the last few positions in recent weeks but Raolph quietly slipped in to the last spot and sprung a major surprise on everyone !  It was a culmination of excellent recent form and consistent good golf as he's certainly peaked at the best time possible to earn his ticket to the Tour Championship, very well done !

One final bit of news is that Krypler withdrew himself from the Tour Championship at the last minute and so his place will be taken up by an unlucky (for just missing out the Top 20 spots due to a faulty new PC!) but lucky lilrob88 !

Click here to view the full  WGA POINTS STANDING

WGA TOUR SCHEDULE -

• This Week:        THE  TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP
    • Next Week:        END OF SEASON

Click here to see the full SCHEDULE CALENDAR

WGA TOUR HALL OF CHAMPIONS -   Congratulations to the playoffs Champions:  Kurtsbuford and Timpyron1980 !

The WGA TOUR News & Update are posted every Monday during the season to provide the latest information on the tour for all the players.

Players are required to register to join the WGA TOUR at the start of the season to be eligible to play in any of the tournaments.  There is no need to sign up again when you want to play. 

Click here to REGISTER for the WGA TOUR

Click on this link to see the List of Registered Players

Join the WGA TOUR if you're looking for excitement, friendly competition and a lot of fun !

********************************

Monday 8th of March

FINAL RESULT -   It was an anticlimax at the finish of the tournament but the result was never in doubt as PRIESTESS convincingly dominated her rivals with a fantastic round of -6 to win by 3 strokes, and in doing so she deservedly takes out The WGA CUP title also ! Congratulations to our wonderful new Champion !

Congratulations also goes to cody6202000 and timpyron1980 for their excellent effort in finishing equal 2nd, and to BolloxInBruges for the fighting spirit he showed in the final round and coming so close to winning the overall title after dominating through out the season.  A special mentions to eternalspirit, Raolph and lilrob88, even though they finished at the back of the field, they should all be proud of their fantastic effort of qualifying for the elite tournament, I'm sure the valuable experience will help them perform even better in the next season of the Tour. 

• Champion -                       PRIESTESS
    • Runners Up -                    cody6202000
    •                                              timpyron1980
    •                                              BolloxInBruges

Here's the complete full tournament result - 

WGA CUP RESULT

Congratulations to PRIESTESS & BolloxInBruges ! You're both great Champions, thanks for providing us all a wonderful display of great golf and clutch finishing under pressure as well as many heart stopping playoffs !

The WGA Cup final rankings for the Top 20 players are as follow - 

That's it for the regular season of the WGA Tour, it's been a long and memorable Tour with many highlights and fantastic moments as well as being a lot of fun for all the players.   For those players who did not make it to the Tour Championship this week, I'd like to say thanks to everyone for your great support and your wonderful friendship, it wouldn't be the same without you and I hope that you all have had an enjoyable time and I hope to see you again in the new season !

Lastly I'd like to say Thanks to all my friends who have supported and helped me so much through out the season, particularly to Jeffdos924, Kobalt46, JTxpress and BLM1 for taking the time to help many players with posting the scorecards.  Without you the tournaments would not run smoothly as it did and the Tour would not be such a great success, I hope I'll see you all back in the next edition of the WGA Tour !

• MikeMangan
    48 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 10:02 AM

If anybody wants to play Round 1 (or Round 2 also) of Bridgestone, I'll be on for the next hour.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 2:15 PM

congrats to PRIESTESS,  she hit a sweet shot to 1 ft to beat me on the first playoff hole!

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 2:51 PM
    Thanks Bollin,, i knew my best chance was probably at the first.And it went my way...Thanks to coolswing for a perfectly run compettion despite the christmas and new year holidays..
  • BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 3:59 PM

Pretty uneventful round 1 for me and perth

• pauls
    1,146 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 4:41 PM

anyone want to play rd1 just send me an invite

• bucknut68
    84 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 5:06 PM

anyone want to play rd1? just shout it out.

• Kobalt46
    276 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 6:09 PM

I will be available for rounds 1 & 2 anytime tomorrow(Tuesday) after 8 am EST....

• timpyron1980
    56 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 6:20 PM

1st round for timpyron1980 and lvietri

RSS