Forums

Help › Forums

timeout = Double Jeopardy for lost balls

Tue, Nov 3 2009 11:56 PM (5 replies)
  • birdwell
    561 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2009 10:29 PM

Hit into one of the pot bunkers on Kiawah #4 fairway. Lost a ball into the wetlands there trying to get out (yeah we've all done that before) On my second try, i decided to just lay up. I did something kinda funny then, I acidentally placed the aim marker right underneath my feet. Couldn't grab the sucker after that!  I was facing the opposite direction then... so I decided to just time out....

After the time out and the new clock was set, I saw the message "Ball taken out of play. New ball xxxx"

hmmm.....

Checked my inventory and sure enough... I lost 2 balls there.

any brave soul want to confirm this?

btw. you owe me a white GI-D ball wgt. heck, make it a sleeve. :)

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 7:27 PM

Thanks for the report. We are working on a fix.

• HigherThanYall
    51 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2009 8:06 PM

the smaething happend to me....what are you going to do about it WGT?

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Nov 3 2009 7:52 AM

HigherThanYall, can you describe what happened in more detail? What course, hole, what kind of ball did you lose?

• HigherThanYall
    51 Posts
    Tue, Nov 3 2009 10:02 AM

It was the same it was the 4th hole Kiw..The wind was blowing 13mph to the right ...blowing at the bunker....So I played my shot left of the bunker like I always do and try to run it up to the green...well the wind took my shot right on line with the edge of the left bunker It bounced once the seemed like it feel of the face of the earth...It said lost ball but coast me 2 strokes not 1 and took my last 2 tour S Balls...not the tour SD Balls just the Tour S ..so hope it dont happen again...Thanx Alex

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Tue, Nov 3 2009 11:56 PM

Thank you very much Alex for replacing the ball that I lost due to the time-out. I will try not to hit it into a hazard! :)

RSS