Forums

Help › Forums

Club Throwing Feature

Thu, Dec 3 2009 9:44 PM (20 replies)
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2009 3:23 PM

Dear WGT,

You must know of our frustration at times in this game.  Of the "beast".  Of the severely sloped 15th green at Bethpage.  Of our golf balls that wear out in the middle of an important match.  Of waiting for new courses.

Any chance we could have a club throwing feature added to the game?  Afterall, you are striving for virtual reality. 

Best regards.

• Disfunction
    27 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2009 4:05 PM

True. Sometimes, I just get so frustrated I want to smash my computer and throw it out the window then jump on it and open the system and break all the "insides." A club throw button would be nice.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sat, Oct 31 2009 7:25 PM

Has anybody seen my ball??? Sherlock Holmes 

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2009 4:54 AM

i'd prefer a 25 mph nose dive into the lake at K17 with my gas powered golf cart....oh, and please give me atleast 3 different camera views on the *splash* saved replay....why throw clubs when you can throw the cart holding the bag ?

• maltwiz
    17 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 8:08 AM

Yeah come on guys - this is supposed to be a representative game is it not? We all throw clubs, taking our lessons from Tiger tho frankly he's an amateur - a club needs to go at least 50 yards to give real satisfaction.  Amateurs of course throw it in the wrong direction, meaning a long walk the wrong way, pros know to throw it ahead so they can pick it up on the way past - as a low single figures handicap I have it down to a tee!

Also what about being able to kick the bag, or a nearby tree, or a tee marker, or being able to bury the head of the club in the ground in disgust??  Wise up guys !!

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 8:19 AM

I once muffed a shot in a sand trap and tossed my wedge straight up (I was going to catch it on the way down... yeah, right) and it caught in a tree.  Never got it back.  That was 20 years ago in Hawaii.  I think it's still in that stupid tree.

• maltwiz
    17 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 8:28 AM

that'll be the amateur in you!!  Made the mistake once of lashing out at a tree once - not good with graphite shafts which handle torque fine! They're useless at handling shock and the sound of breaking carbon filled the are - always said grafalloy tour stiff were useless!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 9:32 AM

Ever wonder what happens to the head of a chipping wedge when it hits the side of the bag?  FORE!

YJ

• Tim30
    66 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 4:36 PM

lol be careful of what you ask for, who's to say if the gave you the option to throw your club they would then say lost club then you have to re-buy the damn thing just as you would a lost ball!!! So be carefull of what you ask for..........

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 4:45 PM

Good thinking Tim!  Or if you threw your club and hit another player.  WGT could charge credits for you to hire an attorney to represent you in the virtual lawsuit that would ensue.

RSS