Forums

Help › Forums

Is it just a game ?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 8 2019 6:49 PM (7 replies)
  • CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2019 6:08 PM

Is it just a game ?  Is your cell phone just a phone ?

When my computer crashed and two days later the UPS truck delivers a brand new computer from a WGT friend - Is it just a game ?

When a WGT friend passes away - Is it just a game ?

When someone can go to the UK , Australia , Europe Etc.  And share a pint with a WGT friend - Is it just a game ?

When you exchange phone numbers and email addresses with a WGT friend - Is it just a game ?

When you spend 50 bucks a month on WGT golf balls - Is it just a game ?

When your dinner gets cold or you forgot to take out the garbage or your late for work, because your playing golf - Is it just a game ?

When your on Discord or Skype or your watching a live match on twitch - Is it just a game

When total strangers can make a personal connection - Is it just a game ?

When you have the comradery of a country club and play team events like the clash , Turf Wars and cc vs.cc - Is it just a game ?

When someone drives for hours to play a round of golf with a WGT friend - Is it just a game ?

When you take time and make an effort to help someone on WGT - Is it just a game ?

When you are honored with the 19th Hole Accolade by WGT - Is it just a game ?

When your efforts are noticed and WGT gives you the Gold Putter - Is it just a game ?

Perhaps its just a game to some , But for me and many others it's much more than that , It's part of everyday life for me , And I'm sure a lot of you can say the same thing , I converse and play golf with people all over the world , How cool is that ? 

I'll Check the forum to see if Henry is still alive . I have messages to answer and tournaments to survive , There is the 12 days of Xmas & The Xmas in July where all of Santa's helpers we will rely . Bye for now I'll talk to you soon , I'll think of you tonight when I stare at the moon .

Casey.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2019 6:34 PM

Yes it is just a game , Some play only to be the best in one way or another , Others play only to have friends who post a sexy pic , A few ( select ) play for the reason that few will understand . 

OPY 

• DonaldKey8798
    6,714 Posts
    Sat, Apr 6 2019 6:41 PM

It used to be just a game. Until I found the Bushwackers. Now it's very much more than a game. I'm certain WGT will make the right decision regarding forart's account. If they don't, then they will lose A LOT of regular players that's for sure. Hang in there Casey...……...

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Apr 8 2019 12:05 PM

CEverett12:
                  Perhaps its just a game to some , But for me and many others it's much more than that , It's part of everyday life for me , And I'm sure a lot of you can say the same thing , I converse and play golf with people all over the world , How cool is that ? 

Agree with you, Casey.

Even though it is mostly virtual, we can and should work at building friends, not just a number stat.  I enjoy learning about other people through their posts, messages, walls, and game chat.  

I suppose the vast majority on WGT are "real people" (not multis or bots) and have the problems, joys, hopes, and experiences that we have - just different.  And that makes it more than a game.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Mon, Apr 8 2019 12:49 PM

In my opinion, it's become more than a game. Some of the friendships formed here are just as real as those IRL. Some have spilled over into RL. Heck, a lot of the folks on here I have more contact with than friends and extended family.

I'm comin' up on 8 years here, still play almost daily, check the forums constantly to see what you motley crew of WGT addicts are up to, an' hope to find a few laughs, or, on a good day, maybe cause a few. To me, the social aspects of the game have become more important than being able to play it well, if you don't believe me, just check my stats, lol.

Doc:)

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Mon, Apr 8 2019 1:12 PM
    nice post casey......this game i believe is more than just a game to alot of people on wgt....yes its a game but like in life you need goals and targets to aim for.....wgt gives people goals and fun and the chance to make friends so in my view it can only be a good thing..........regards mickey
  • Bowl64
    3,087 Posts
    Mon, Apr 8 2019 3:19 PM

That`s a nice post Casey, it`s just a game and, not just a game. Often WGT is very much like life itself, you think you`re among friends only to discover they are not. You trust people and believe they trust you, only to discover the ones you trusted were a bunch of bitter nasty liars.

The search goes on and somehow you find great kindness and generosity through people you`ve never met, cc`s you`ve only heard about and so on. If lucky you`ll make some great friends, again people you`ve never met, that great conversations can be had with. 

It`s a bit weird to me the whole thing, i worry when cc-mates get hit by life in form of illness, maybe are struggeling with addiction or have to have surgery for, sometimes, really threatening stuff. Or get caught in a big ass hurricane, i`ve seen it all here.

With that said, take care all WGTers and i hope you guys stay healthy forever :))

Bjorn

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Apr 8 2019 6:49 PM

Image result for hear,hear

There are days,  such as today, that I'm home from work, had no feel to play any WGT but still wanted to have a look in the forums just to see whats going on with peoples.  

Have a good night/day all.  Think I'll get my daily round played while at work tomorrow.  LOL 

RSS