Forums

Help › Forums

New Equipment

Fri, Nov 20 2009 6:12 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Disfunction
    27 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 1:27 AM

I just got some credits and I ask all the experienced players out there: "Should I wait until I become Master and get Master clubs or just get pro clubs? I don't think selling back the clubs will be as much, so any tips?

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 4:53 AM

you'll get varied opinions, so here is mine;

I picked up the entire Rapture set when i was an amateur....since then i added an R9 master driver and the redwood putter.

moral of the story is there are some clubs that you can get as a Hack and play forever.

gl

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 5:12 AM

Just get the Pro clubs for now. Raptures & Redwood putter & Tour SD ballls might be a good investment. After all, there's no guarantee you'll ever be able to advance to the Master tier, is there? (Especially if you're honestly recording all scores from your rounds, good or bad.)

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 5:20 AM
    You've done the putter upgrade already. Next try a Tour Pro 9.5° Driver. Slower swing speed than most brand names & the extra distance will help @ BP. 1st compare it with other drivers. If you like a fast swing speed all the 9.5's boom it, especially that R9. The Rapture is a good choice if you don't mind the price tag.
    Tour Pro 9.5° Driver
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 7:32 AM

Faterson:
    /.../ After all, there's no guarantee you'll ever be able to advance to the Master tier, is there? /.../

Tell me about it.... /sigh.

My advice is to get clubs that you can get comfortable with... and learn to play them.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 7:53 AM

The Raptures are a good club to take your game to the next level. Slowest meter you can get, problem is they are a precision 1 club, therefor you have the deviation factor to deal with. But they will bring your scores down.

They will not stop on a dime, and will roll out somewhat. That will help you learn the contour's of the greens and how they play. Some can play at the master level with them, but not many stick with them because the clubs available now a far superior to them. Which in turn have the much faster meter, but much more precise.

Icon plays the raptures better than anyone on here, I'm sure he would add his 2 cents in if you asked him/her/ LOL It does come down to what fits your game though, I have had them all, and now use what works best for me at this time in the beta format. Last and not least, it all comes down to putting, gotta make them drop! Goodluck in your decision, and happy shooting! :))

• Disfunction
    27 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 10:17 AM

Okay, I've decided to pick the Raptures G10 iron set for now but I'll probably get like a R9 Master driver if become master. I prefer the Spider putter over the Redwood, and I'll also probably get a TM Satin 54 degree wedge.

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 1:37 PM

Pro after 21 days &  Total Ranked Rounds Played 25. Where'd you play virtual golf before? :)  Have a good time with those Pings. I like mine ... when I hit the centerline. They'll work well when you go to master tier next week, lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 1:52 PM

You're making a mistake on the putter and look at the spin and accuracy of the irons. Are you willing to sacrafice  this for meter speed than can be bought with a ball?

YJ

• molideha
    213 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2009 8:25 AM

I have to add a comment here.

Too many at WGT incorrectly judge the raptures to be an inferior club set because of the low rating for precision and spin....all clubs have their strengths and weaknesses...It's more a matter of taking the time to learn a given club set and much less about dots on a rating sheet.

I play in the master tier with raptures; 3wd, 3h, 3i-pw...if the rapture is so inferior, i wouldn't be capable of the CTTH weekly finishes i have posted in the last 4 weeks;

week 43 at pinehurst - 2nd place
    week 42 at tahoe - 4th place
    week 41 at st. andrews - 1st place
    week 40 at BPB - 6th place

st. andrews arguably requires the most precise clubs to score well, and yet a rapture player won that challenge...some will reply "CTTH just takes luck"...well, then me and my raptures are consistently lucky....I argue its all about knowing your clubs.

there are no inferior [purchased] clubs, just inferior course/club management.

gl all

• PAGES
RSS