Remember when

Tue, Mar 26 2019 4:02 AM (32 replies)
  • BogeyOne
    1,967 Posts
    Sat, Mar 23 2019 9:40 AM

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Sat, Mar 23 2019 10:03 AM

I can remember when sex was safe and motor cycles were dangerous .

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Mar 23 2019 10:25 AM

Haha. I remember when those 10 cent payphone calls could be made with a nickle if you timed the deposit with hitting the coin return.  LOL

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sat, Mar 23 2019 11:33 AM

This is what TV looked like at 11:30 PM 

• DoctorLarry
    4,277 Posts
    Sat, Mar 23 2019 12:03 PM

CEverett12:

This is what TV looked like at 11:30 PM 

Better than what the networks look like now!!

Yes - I remember well all those things. 

I also remember listening to the Lone Ranger, The Shadow, Flash Gordon, Jack Benny, Roy Rogers, Sherlock Holmes, Superman, and several other radio shows that helped build an imagination, as well!

• craigswan
    31,032 Posts
    Sat, Mar 23 2019 2:21 PM

In 40 years what will people be nostalgic for?

• craigswan
    31,032 Posts
    Sat, Mar 23 2019 2:38 PM

PING Anser Putter 

This is -- hands down -- the most copied putterhead design in the game's history. Karsten Solheim -- founder of PING -- developed this wildly popular design in 1959. Today, all the big manufacturers carry a putter with the same head design as the Anser.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sat, Mar 23 2019 8:16 PM

craigswan:
    Karsten Solheim -- founder of PING -- developed this wildly popular design in 1959.

Craig,

And some of us are still using it in 2019...here is mine-

To the OP-

Remember when we could go to our own activity page (or someone else's page) and take a walk down Memory Lane and remember the different threads we commented in, when we became friends with someone or who's pages we commented on for the past few years?

Well, I just did a quick check of six of my friend's pages (mine included) and it appears that that is no longer possible. It looks like all of our activity history, prior to December 23, 2018, has been scrubbed clean...vanished.

Sure, some of you might already know this and some of you might say, "Who cares?", but for me...I'm going to miss those walks. Ten years of memories gone...thanks WGT.

MC

• twinponds169
    3,019 Posts
    Sun, Mar 24 2019 8:05 AM

Hi MC, you've been around a lot longer than I have here but I have remembered recent activity on profile pages as only going back exactly 3 months for a long time now.

mrcaddie:
    but for me...I'm going to miss those walks. Ten years of memories gone

I hear you loud and clear here, I too enjoy looking back at the earlier days of my time here. One way to still do that is to go to the main forums front page and click on "My Discussions" down the right side of the page above "Active Threads". Click on "last" page and it takes you back to your very first post! Does for me anyways, I've only been here 4 and 1/2 years. Give it a try, I get lost for hours in there once in a while reliving the newbie days, lol.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Mar 24 2019 8:41 AM

twinponds169:
    "Active Threads". Click on "last" page and it takes you back to your very first post!

OMG, it does! 424 pages dating back to May 29, 2009.  LOL

p.s., I don't delete messages so I checked and they go back to Christmas Day, 2010!

RSS