Forums

Help › Forums

Low scores getting out of hand

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 16 2022 8:31 AM (40 replies)
  • Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2022 10:59 AM

Let's face it, many of us want to shoot low scores without dedicating our lives to this game. If the game becomes too difficult for the masses to "master" there will a giant exodus and only the very dedicated will be left. 

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Feb 15 2022 3:27 PM

Duphpherer:

Let's face it, many of us want to shoot low scores without dedicating our lives to this game. If the game becomes too difficult for the masses to "master" there will a giant exodus and only the very dedicated will be left. 

I read your responses in many threads I visit and generally find them on point and well articulated. In this case, I will disagree a bit. I can only speak for myself, but being somewhat housebound, I played to keep a semblance of social life ...lol

That's why I played so much Alt shot and why I continue to visit the forums. It is my de facto facebook. 

I would suggest there are many who play this game simply for the social aspect. The game scoring or how good we play is secondary. These folks will remain with wgt.

I no longer play simply because the game has changed so much that I would find it too stressful to re-learn. I am therefore content to just read the threads and comment on interesting items, or converse with my friends via PM.

ct 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Feb 15 2022 3:59 PM

ct690911:
    I no longer play simply because the game has changed so much that I would find it too stressful to re-learn.

timing changed on PC. but if anything it's a slower meter and easier to work with on PC.

I used to bounce back and forth between platforms. Now if i play PC i hit everything early. so i tend to avoid it.

the math hasn't changed at all. it's all the same shots.

now if it's apparel that throws you. 

Have a couple options

Only play games that don't use apparel.

OR

Minimize your changes to distance and spin. Stick with just the SE Hat for driver and the Max shirt.for 3w.

That's only two clubs you need to learn new max distances for.

I personally stay away from the things like Top golf shirt and SE shirt. iron distance and iron spin respectively. 

Feel free to look at my apparel to see what i wear most of the time.

i do switch it up a tiny bit on the last round of showdowns. But anyway if you go with what i have on it won't change your game much at all. Just allows you to cut some corners and reach most of the par 5s in 2.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Feb 15 2022 4:40 PM

Mythanatos:

ct690911:
    I no longer play simply because the game has changed so much that I would find it too stressful to re-learn.

timing changed on PC. but if anything it's a slower meter and easier to work with on PC.

I used to bounce back and forth between platforms. Now if i play PC i hit everything early. so i tend to avoid it.

the math hasn't changed at all. it's all the same shots.

Have a couple options

Only play games that don't use apparel.

OR

Minimize your changes to distance and spin. Stick with just the SE Hat for driver and the Max shirt.for 3w.

That's only two clubs you need to learn new max distances for.

I personally stay away from the things like Top golf shirt and SE shirt. iron distance and iron spin respectively. 

Feel free to look at my apparel to see what i wear most of the time.

i do switch it up a tiny bit on the last round of showdowns. But anyway if you go with what i have on it won't change your game much at all. Just allows you to cut some corners and reach most of the par 5s in 2.

Roger that. Thank you for the advice. I will look into it. Is Alt shot an option on the new platform?

edit: A friend PM'd me and answered the question about Alt shot. 

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Tue, Feb 15 2022 8:56 PM

Mythanatos:

I discovered that my accuracy when playing CC tourneys was better than in coin rooms. I was habitually early when my apparel counted.

My mindset was stuck on "the slower the meter the better" and I kept trying to achieve a slower meter. My internal rhythm was telling me it's too slow as I was early early early. A slightly quicker meter gives less time to think about when to click that ding line. I'm still not dinging the majority, but just a tick early or late rather than 5 or 10 ticks.

I removed the MAX glove that was slowing the meter for my irons and presto, I fell in love with the game again when my accuracy improved substantially. Love to hear those thumps!   

My clubs are already in the ~4.4 meter range and the ball I play is 2.5 meter. No further help necessary. 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2022 1:35 AM

ct690911:
    Roger that. Thank you for the advice. I will look into it. Is Alt shot an option on the new platform?

It really is good advice too.  Something else to consider is using attributes to get a cheaper ball but precisely what you have to do would be better discussed with someone more knowledgeable in this that I am.  You'd also need some apparel :-).  

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2022 4:42 AM

Mythanatos:

I use no apparel and don't plan on it. Apparel is the dumbest part of this cartoon game. Wish I could go to my local golf supply store and buy some underwear to make my "privates" larger. Maybe then I could be a p o r n star. LOL. Cheers

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2022 4:47 AM

DodgyPutter:
    You'd also need some apparel :-). 

A person does not need apparel. IMO. I use none and still enjoy playing  the game and I play at least 1 alt shot game a day. Cheers

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2022 5:48 AM

callaghan159:

DodgyPutter:
    You'd also need some apparel :-). 

A person does not need apparel. IMO. I use none and still enjoy playing  the game and I play at least 1 alt shot game a day. Cheers

I was saying if he wanted to use the attributes to get a cheaper ball (with no loss in performance) he would need some apparel.  Apart from that you're right of course.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2022 7:52 AM

callaghan159:

Mythanatos:

I use no apparel and don't plan on it. Apparel is the dumbest part of this cartoon game. Wish I could go to my local golf supply store and buy some underwear to make my "privates" larger. Maybe then I could be a p o r n star. LOL. Cheers

Ive had this discussion before. Maybe even with you. 

in short. it doesnt bother me because to me it's just another item with stats in the game. I don't see it as any different than the stats on a driver or irons.

To you if you could buy a driver that hit the ball 24 yards further that would be ok. but not add a hat that did the same thing and not have to buy a new driver.

however they are achieved logically they have the same end result. Thus it doesn't bother me at all.

RSS