Forums

Help › Forums

wk 43 unlimited play Bethpage Miracle

Wed, Oct 28 2009 9:00 AM (27 replies)
  • donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2009 2:50 PM

I too am interested in "the story" ... rather than in "feelings" which can be misleading ...

• andyoz
    465 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2009 3:41 PM

Well hello everyone, have only just checked to see I have loads of people commenting on my score.  Not my 28 but my 70!  

OK so all this has thrown me into a bit of a dilemma.  First of all I will explain why I hit a 70.  I had a shocking start to that round so decided to practice my long putting.  I was aiming for the edges of the green and then trying to sink massive putts.  This was mainly as I was seeing if I could beat my longest putt record.  Needless to say I did not manage it and hence ended up taking 70.

I do sometimes do that, if half way through a round I am really having a shocker, I hit a few balls into bunkers or rough and see how I can recover.

However I have never thought as this as being a problem.  Have just been searching all over the forums to see if it considered wrong to sometimes post a really bad score?  I never pay much attention to my ranking, but I suppose its possible that if I had not had a wee practice in some rounds I may have progressed up a tier by now. 

So....  Can someone let me know if my little practice sessions are ok?  

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2009 7:03 PM

I think I owe you an apology. I dyed my hair brown a couple of months ago but I'm still a "blonde" obviously. Duh. LOL. Well, I get it now so I am sorry for my comments. Being that I am "blonde" would you answer one more question? Why would you post the score? Most people won't even post a 40. Why would you post a 70 for 9-holes in tournament play? That's what I don't get. But like I said I'm "blonde".

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2009 7:21 PM

Forget that.  The little "practice sessions" always coincidentally occur when your average gets close to moving up to the Master tier.  Your latest score after your 28?  A 51 in the 9 hole Unlimited tournament.  I'm not buying it, playing in a tournament is not a "practice session".  This is a pattern for you, not an exception.

If you're capable enough to shoot better than 66 on a regular basis,  which the majority of your scores indicate, then it's time to move up to the next tier.  Artificially raising your average, while technically not breaking any rules, is not very sportsmanlike or acceptable.

• mattgolffan1
    283 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2009 9:07 PM

just read this so called story lol..seems to me like people are wondering why he is scoring a 70 or whatever he scored..its not like he is the only sandbagger ive seen on here ..if you can really call him that..y'all dont know that for a fact and also im throwin this in there 2 .i've seen some ppl on this thread that has been in the very top of the leader boards for weeks if not months and they're still in the same tier, come on now...look at yourself before you judge others

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Oct 24 2009 9:51 PM

mattgolffan1:

just read this so called story lol..seems to me like people are wondering why he is scoring a 70 or whatever he scored..its not like he is the only sandbagger ive seen on here ..if you can really call him that..y'all dont know that for a fact and also im throwin this in there 2 .i've seen some ppl on this thread that has been in the very top of the leader boards for weeks if not months and they're still in the same tier, come on now...look at yourself before you judge others

Perhaps you are refering to me, Sweetie Pie. If so, months not weeks. My view of this wonderful game and the way that I play it is quite simple. I post all scores. I give my best effort to each game and finish each game regardless of score. I am very lucky inasmuch that I have never chased the lure of score average. Advice I would offer to anyone that is starting out. The statistics that are kept for each of us, along with the attraction of achieving a variety of award hallmark levels is what fuels my enjoyment of the game. If I did not post all of my scores, I would not be able to enjoy many of the hallmarks I have reached. Example: I reached the 150 mark of flags hit just today. This can't be done unless you post the score. A review of my entire score history is evidence of my play. You see, I have never been focused upon score average or tier level. Where ever I belong, I will be. It just so happens to be at the very upper level of the Pro tier. For that, or the way I play or my view of the way most people should play, I offer no further comment. ~SP~ 

• andyoz
    465 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 4:23 AM

Hmmmm, sangbaging.  Never heard of that, i suppose it is unfair to put in a high score in every so often so you stay at whatever level.  Never really thought about it to much.  I just play the game for the fun, first time ive ever been on the forums and had no idea it was an issue.  Now I'm on here I almost wish I had not bothered. 

And why would I not post my scores.  Some of my really bad scores were just when I was having a shocker, my most recent one was when my comp was stuttering and I could not hit straight.  However I pretty much always finish my round, surely its just as bad quiting half way through a round so you can keep your score down.  That is just as bad sportsmanship.  Anyway, maybe I wont bother posting on the forums anymore.  Im just on here to enjoy this wonderful game, it seems a bit sad that everyone has had a pop at me.  Shame.

• mattgolffan1
    283 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 6:26 AM

dont sweat it andy..this game is fun and ive met alot of cool people on here but you have those people that think they know everything and it seems like no matter what you post on the forums there's always someone quick to put ya down..been there!! but i reckon opinions are like a-holes every1 has 1 ..lol i learned to just stay away from the forums for the most part,and play with my friends.this game is very fun and addictive but needs alot of work...if we worked on the real issues at hand rather than all the other bs going on round here the game would be so much better !!!!

matt

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 7:54 AM

Sweetiepie...

Your one of the biggest sandbaggers in the Pro ranks my dear.Every time you near to the Master tier you edge back down again.iv noticed for weeks now. You have been  at 67.00 avg a few times in the last couple of weeks now but always seem to drop all off a sudden.

For you to come on here and call people sandbaggers is quite out of order,especially when your shooting 30's consistently on B/P yourself and collecting the pro credits when your realy a master player. I think your annoyed that there are better sandbaggers in the Pro ranks than what you are.... that's a fact,

So for all who is watching, check out her average and see the constant drop all of  a sudden after shooting great rounds.YOU WILL BE SUPRISED......

Then get back to me ...............

P.S.....The reasons you wont play strokeplay multiplayer games and only M/Player games, is because you dont want your average to change ! ...simple as that

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 8:08 AM

Y'all take this stuff quite seriously don't y'all..It makes for interesting reading I will say that....Sandbagging?..Is that like teabagging??..lol

RSS