Forums

Help › Forums

wk 43 unlimited play Bethpage Miracle

Wed, Oct 28 2009 9:00 AM (27 replies)
  • jimgriff
    127 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2009 2:39 PM

Today, something like a miracle happened.  I shot 29 on BB, with birdies on 1-4, 6 & 7.  Normally I use GI-D balls for a bit more distance and to slow down the meter for greater accuracy, however, on this round I used some GX-D balls I had purchased a while back just to get them out of my bag!  I had quite few 1 putts from inside 10 ft. - none beyond 18 or so.  I might have to rethink my strategy to only play the "feel" balls in competition. 

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2009 2:59 PM

Nice round Jim! :]

Just looked at the standings... looks like Reca just had a similar "miracle" round... heh-heh... no offense Reca... 9-stroke improvement from previous round!!!

Still waiting for my own miracle.  :/

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2009 4:44 PM

Nice round Jim.  I would not use the word miracle, but I have had a few phenomenal rounds.  But since I can't back it up, I'm still not sure what caused it.  I guess, when I can do it over and over, is when I'll really be able to compete with the big guns.  I do find that those round happen more often when I am not pressing...like at the beginning of the week instead of at the end of a tournament.  The mind does crazy things in golf.   

Congrats again...Joey

• andyoz
    465 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2009 9:48 AM

Very nice round, however I went one better!  -7!  Included birdies 1thru 3.  An eagle at four and a chip in on the 9th!  I missed an easy Putt on 8 as well which could have really shot me into a lead.  I was only using the standard balls, think I need to invest of some of these fancy ones and get my scores down a little bit more!  

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2009 3:04 PM

Way to go Andy Oz! 28 is an amazing score. However, I for one would be more interested in the story about the 70 you shot in the same 9-hole event. Starter Balls?..35 over par? Please enlighten all of us.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2009 4:51 PM

It looks like what I did to myself......Start a game to practice, chip into bunkers, hit into the deep stuff on purpose and don't realize that you checked  'ranked round' by mistake on the game screen......OOOPS.

End up with a HUGE number and laugh as you see your average skyrocket.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2009 5:05 PM

What I am after is the "Andy Story". My guess is that it came about with great sand play, not foolish comments from the North.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2009 5:54 PM

SweetiePie:

What I am after is the "Andy Story". My guess is that it came about with great sand play, not foolish comments from the North.

I don't understand why you would construe my comments as foolish. I made a viable explanation for a peculiar score.

Thank you for you protectionist attitude though.

I do admit that sandbagging is an issue.  Piskot

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2009 6:57 PM

Soulcatcher:

SweetiePie:

I don't understand why you would construe my comments as foolish. I made a viable explanation for a peculiar score.

Thank you for you protectionist attitude though.

I do admit that sandbagging is an issue.  Piskot

Viable? Viable=workable by definition. In that regard you may be correct. However, your excuse of the issue only shows a lack of homework into the issue. If you review the score history of the subject, you will find enough evidence to prove both of you to be probable fools..one to think he can fool, the other not seeing it to be so.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2009 7:47 PM

So you lower yourself to personal attacks now. I feel neither stupid or misinformed. I see that your issue is with another member so I would appreciate it if you would constrain your animosity to that individual.

This is all way off topic and I apologize to the forum users at large.

RSS