Forums

Help › Forums

Error messages

Sun, Oct 25 2009 6:25 AM (8 replies)
  • chop948
    378 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2009 9:05 PM

What causes those load manager and timeout messages?  I've had those happen quite a few times in the past 2 days and end up having to dissconnect because it lasts forever?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2009 10:21 PM

Clearing the Flash cache is the first thing to do if there are repetitive time-outs.

• chop948
    378 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2009 11:12 PM

i have done that and still get it..in fact just got it on the last match i played.  don't understand what causes it.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2009 11:45 PM

Have you cleared both your browser and Flash cache? I'd also try a different browser to play the game in (WGT has confirmed there are certain issues with IE 8, for example). If that doesn't resolve it, I'd follow the tips posted here.

• chop948
    378 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2009 8:38 AM

I have cleared both of those.  I use google chrome while playing and 99.9% of the time have no problems.  It has just been happening lately since the new product release.  I didn't know what WGT thought might cause this.  I have spoken with several other players and it happens to them on occasion as well.  Thanks for the input Faterson, nice to see someone out there wanting to help others in this game with their problems.  Keep up the good rounds and see you on the Ladder.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2009 3:49 AM

I ve done all my maintenance work on both computers but the last week around 3 am I start getting load manager errors. Seems to happen  for me in the early morning.My player just kept loading. Never had these issues before. Alot of loading and some freeze in swings.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2009 10:21 AM

Hi Fuzzy, since you just did maintenance work on your machines, it's possible that they are trying to re-cache all the game assets. Please play through a few times and let us know if you still have loading issues.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Fri, Oct 23 2009 9:25 AM

For now it seemed to have gone away. I would have same issues as this player 

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/5776/34902.aspx#34902..  my game would stop loading also at 98 % too. It was early morning also.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 6:25 AM

Will post this here as unsure if to post somewhere else.  Weekend of 10/24-10/25 seems many problems with Chrome.  Noticed on 10/24.  1.  many times friends list on main page would not load but could play the game fine, refreshing the page made no difference.  In game sometimes you could see the list.   Could restart browser and maybe or maybe not it would load, reset flash and seemed to be ok.   2.  I understand that there is a problem with Chrome loading a about:blank page when pressing play from the main page, normally just close the page press play again and it works fine, noticed more instances of this happening.  10/25.  Chrome is pretty much unusable, main loads fine, can finally get play page to load, no sound on that page, checked in options, not turned off, turned off, saved, turned on, saved, no sound.  Have a shortcut directly to that page it will load but with no sound, most of the time.  It did load with sound once.  If I try to load stroke play random 3, get sound.swf load manager error and the page will never load.  I have reset cookies, history, and most everything else this browser plus flash to no avail.

Maybe the problem is on my end just havent pinpointed it down yet, but putting this here for input if anyone else is having these problems.

Firefox seems fine, havent tried IE as dont use it much this site.

Gary 

RSS