Forums

Help › Forums

Match Play Reconnect Clock

Wed, Oct 21 2009 12:20 PM (3 replies)
  • lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2009 5:24 PM

Let me begin by saying that matchplay is a great addition to the game. 

WGT asks for comments on its new releases and here is my 2cent worth.

* The current return to game from a disconnection is set on 10mins. I believe this is entirely too long. I have been disconnected from a matchplay once. it took me less than 1min to reboot completely and re-enter the game. A more reasonable time limit is 5mins. 

*I believe the timer should be cut in half for two reasons. The first i have all ready mentioned; entirely too much time. 10minutes is a long time when you are just sitting around waiting. Secondly a situation i just bumped into...A fellow competitor who was a little ticked off about being defeated said a few rude things and then he said the following "You may have won, but im going to make you wait ten minutes before you can claim that win you (profanity)" 

And then he disconnected. Would have took me 3secs to tap in the winning putt. All would have been good and i wouldnt have had to write this. Just my 2cents worth on the timer clock :)

• TarheelsRule
    5,486 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2009 6:07 PM

I agree with you, waiting 10 minutes especially when someone just quits so you have to wait is stupid.  The people I have played who get disconnected are back within 2 minutes.  There should also be two other features, one to allow you to concede a match at any time and another feature to allow you to concede a hole.  I had a player hit a ball out of play and dumped his second into a trap with me in the middle with a short shot in, he would have conceded rather than playing out the hole making a 7 while I made a birdie.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2009 6:32 PM

So what is up with people being rude when they lose???  This is a sport... whatever happened to sportsperson-like conduct?  Congratulate your opponent on a good round and live to play another day.  And share a beer.

Lilrob88... please feel free to send my comment to your opponent.

• dmkhorns
    8 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 12:20 PM

Agreed.  People can be jerks on here ... no reason to give them more ability to aggravate.

RSS