Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Ryder Cup 2018

Wed, Dec 12 2018 9:28 PM (381 replies)
  • Young46
    1,294 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 11:56 AM

birchi:

That's interesting, mags must be able to read minds then as he detailed your exact points you made in this thread an hour or so before I even posted the rule change.

FFS ... whatever man I'm done. GL to everyone.

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 12:27 PM

WaLk0fLiFe:

so this is a slop over from the previous round then. Mags wanted 60 sec in last rd so u changed the default this rd to 60 sec right b4 his match with Jason lol?  idk man.. is what it is...think yall can can carry on without me.

Just for the record, here's what I think about interfering with the rules purely with the intention of gaining an advantage: 

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 12:29 PM

Can i change my prediction

ROTW 90 Europe 60

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 12:41 PM

Best not post what i predicted.........

Seeing Topper (Ranger) and Finny suffer from disgusting posts in their comp attempts....then it was only a matter of time with some of the best click clickers in the game.....

Just get on with the fecker....

Theres a MIA post where an active forum user has just passed away in real life....sort of puts in in perspective.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 1:14 PM

birchi:

By the way, mags hasn't even said he won't play on a 90-second timer again with things being the way they are now.

I've had a lovely afternoon nap and wake up to see all this kicking off. Perhaps everyone can calm down and let Jason and I agree something. We haven't failed to reach an agreement yet. Jason would prefer 90s so he can use his spreadsheets, time dot speeds, and interact with followers. I'd prefer 60s (30 or 45s ideally, but that would obviously be unreasonable) to help me maintain better rhythm and concentration. We both want to bring our best games, but there's no need to throw a spanner in the whole competition over it. I suggested 60s with 7 timeouts instead of the default 2 to help with any tricky shots. This was declined. I've now suggested setting up the 9s separately, allowing for 14 timeouts if needed (that's 1 for each UEL approach), and await a response.

• PAULFINN52
    3,172 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 1:37 PM

fmagnets:

birchi:

By the way, mags hasn't even said he won't play on a 90-second timer again with things being the way they are now.

I've had a lovely afternoon nap and wake up to see all this kicking off. Perhaps everyone can calm down and let Jason and I agree something. We haven't failed to reach an agreement yet. Jason would prefer 90s so he can use his spreadsheets, time dot speeds, and interact with followers. I'd prefer 60s (30 or 45s ideally, but that would obviously be unreasonable) to help me maintain better rhythm and concentration. We both want to bring our best games, but there's no need to throw a spanner in the whole competition over it. I suggested 60s with 7 timeouts instead of the default 2 to help with any tricky shots. This was declined. I've now suggested setting up the 9s separately, allowing for 14 timeouts if needed (that's 1 for each UEL approach), and await a response.

just a question mags

why dont you just do 90 secs for the 18,a timeout can drag it out way past 90 anyway normally .

simple maths really

i have respect for all the top players but arguing over a stupid shot clock

cmon guys ffs

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 2:00 PM

mbcarp99:

Can i change my prediction

ROTW 90 Europe 60

'kn too funny!!!

Psst...   'fraid this round has already started and rules can't now be changed.. then again :)

Us mere plebs are enjoying the streamed matches thus far - ditch the egos and get on with the ruddy comp ffs, peeps.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 2:04 PM

PAULFINN52:

why dont you just do 90 secs for the 18,a timeout can drag it out way past 90 anyway normally .

My preference of 60s would be quicker still - how's that for simple maths? ;-) Jason says he needs more time for the UEL shots and I have tried to think of a solution that accommodates this while keeping the rest of the game moving.

There is no argument from me, just discussion. There really is no need for inflammatory rhetoric.

• ujjbnjk
    2,127 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 2:09 PM
    DodgyPutter:
    We could rule out Tom, who beat Mags and Joe in our year long uel MP tournament
    yep im deff setting up a 30 sec clock for this match now lol :)
  • duffputt
    314 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 2:13 PM

Frenchconnect win 3 up on Duffputt in a high quality match.

French played really well. After 13 holes he was 10 under par and 3 up. A well deserved victory.

RSS