Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Ryder Cup 2018

Wed, Dec 12 2018 9:28 PM (381 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 11:05 AM

So Mags wanted 60sec in the last round and Young wanted 90, they played 90.  This round Mags wants 60 and if Jason wants 90 and if he doesn't get his way again he's not going to play?!

I think this was intended to be fun :-/ 

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 11:06 AM

WaLk0fLiFe:

so this is a slop over from the previous round then. Mags wanted 60 sec in last rd so u changed the default this rd to 60 sec right b4 his match with Jason lol?  idk man.. is what it is...think yall can can carry on without me.

That's basically you using mags being the one giving in to Jason's request in round one to his disadvantage. Are you saying it's only fair if Jason gets his way two out of two rounds? 

I had to make a decision one way or the other and 60 seconds are the WGT default and more than enough time to think about your shot, that's why I went with it instead of 90. 

By the way, mags hasn't even said he won't play on a 90-second timer again with things being the way they are now. He has every reason to decline that request, but we'll see.

• WaLk0fLiFe
    285 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 11:12 AM

its the way it was done... mags wants 60 so the rule goes into effect when its convenient..no prior notice..It was intended to be fun.. it no longer is.. which is why i'm choosing to bow out...hopefully u get it sorted out..gl

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 11:17 AM

WaLk0fLiFe:

its the way it was done... mags wants 60 so the rule goes into effect when its convenient..no prior notice..It was intended to be fun.. it no longer is.. which is why i'm choosing to bow out...hopefully u get it sorted out..gl

Honest question: How would you have wanted me to handle it? There are two players who can't agree on which shot-clock to use, so it's up to me to make a decision one way or the other. I went with what to me was the more reasonable choice. 

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 11:17 AM

i giving my comment as a  bystander here,as i done in my world cup i made the default 90secs,most players played their shots well within that time but a few needed 90 secs to play their shots,i played one of those and thought what the hell if they need that long then so be it i can wait,its a game thats all,

i know simon should have stated this from the start as topper should have done in the alt comp but hey its their first attempt at this cut them some slack please,it took me 4 years and im still learning,

this should be an easy solution just make it 90 secs every round and maximum timeouts its the same for everyone then end of,

enjoy the experience i know i would 

• Young46
    1,292 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 11:28 AM

birchi:

That's basically you using mags being the one giving in to Jason's request in round one to his disadvantage. Are you saying it's only fair if Jason gets his way two out of two rounds? 

I had to make a decision one way or the other and 60 seconds are the WGT default and more than enough time to think about your shot, that's why I went with it instead of 90. 

By the way, mags hasn't even said he won't play on a 90-second timer again with things being the way they are now. He has every reason to decline that request, but we'll see.

This makes it sound like I took 90 seconds to hit each shot and really slowed the match down and caused him to lose .. which wasn't the case. I watched the front 9 of our match and timed each shot.

My average shot took 28.5 seconds, his took 23.7 seconds. My longest shot took 65 seconds (#7 approach), his longest shot took 63 seconds (#6 putt). My shots on the back were much sharper than the front, so I would venture to guess my average shot time went down by at least 2-3 seconds on the back 9.

I want the 90 seconds so I don't feel rushed, plus I like interacting with my stream (I'm sure the viewers appreciate that part as well). Lastly, I didn't even reach out to Mags about the shot clock UNTIL I saw that you changed the clock to 60 seconds today, so I am struggling to understand how you made the rule based on the fact that Mags and I couldn't agree on a shot clock when I hadn't even spoken to him about it yet?

• giraldin
    3,712 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 11:33 AM

• ujjbnjk
    2,126 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 11:33 AM

This is ridiculous...just give them the 90 sec clock and we have no problem...most of the guys on our team plays slow anyway just a few that plays real fast.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 11:43 AM

Young46:
    I want the 90 seconds so I don't feel rushed, plus I like interacting with my stream (I'm sure the viewers appreciate that part as well). Lastly, I didn't even reach out to Mags about the shot clock UNTIL I saw that you changed the clock to 60 seconds today, so I am struggling to understand how you made the rule based on the fact that Mags and I couldn't agree on a shot clock when I hadn't even spoken to him about it yet?

I thought the disagreement stemmed from the previous round, where you wanted and got 90sec.  I'm sure now that Mags knows he played a longer clock so that you could "interact with your stream" he will understand and bow down to what you want again.

Sadly Simon it seems you'll have to do what they want or they're going to take their ball home.

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2018 11:48 AM

Young46:
    This makes it sound like I took 90 seconds to hit each shot and really slowed the match down and caused him to lose

That's not what I intended to say. You won fair and square, not because of any "tricks".

Young46:
    want the 90 seconds so I don't feel rushed, plus I like interacting with my stream (I'm sure the viewers appreciate that part as well)

That's as reasonable as the opposite request to play with a shorter clock. 

Young46:
    Lastly, I didn't even reach out to Mags about the shot clock UNTIL I saw that you changed the clock to 60 seconds today, so I am struggling to understand how you made the rule based on the fact that Mags and I couldn't agree on a shot clock when I hadn't even spoken to him about it yet?

That's interesting, mags must be able to read minds then as he detailed your exact points you made in this thread an hour or so before I even posted the rule change.

edit: Sorry, I checked again and I was mistaken here. The specific message I was referring to came after my posting. Sorry for the false accusation.

RSS