Forums

Help › Forums

Distances with 64 degree Ping

Thu, Oct 15 2009 3:56 PM (9 replies)
  • thunderbird
    381 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 5:45 AM

The punch, flop, pitch, chip yardages are incorrect on the 64.  Please correct as soon as possible.

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 5:56 AM

I agree!  While I haven`t had time to truely test this out, it seems obvious that the stated yardages are WAY off. I waited for a wedge like this for a while and would like to use it! Please fix this WGT!!! Thanks     Also, the in game club selection shows this club as a 60 degree wedge, not 64 degree. Related problem?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 6:20 AM

So far, this club has been a disappointment for me. Considering throwing it away.

Unless the distances really are mistaken. I currently carry the 77yd Z-wedge along with this new Ping wedge in my bag.

When I switch to the flop shot, the 77yd Z-wedge shows it as going 26 yards, while the Ping wedge shows the flop shot as going 25 yards!

That definitely doesn't sound right, does it? A difference of 17 yards with the full-swing shot using the 2 wedges, but only a difference of 1 yard for the flop shot? That surely can't be?  

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 7:04 AM

Don`t throw it out just yet! As I posted yesterday, my flop on #5 BB said 25yds, I had 21yds. and hit it about 21 but only went 12yds. That would make the real yardage for the flop shot total closer to 15yds. or so.If this holds true, then this would be just what I`ve wanted- a more precise wedge for close shots. BTW Faterson, thanks for confirming my suspicions yesterday. At the time, I too considered throwing away this club! I also remembered similar problems in past updates though, and they were resolved with good results all around. Lets just hope WGT fixes/addresses this issue sooner than later! Cheers

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 8:01 AM

The Tour Starter LW, rated at 55 yards for full-swing shots, shows 18 yards as the default for flop shots. The 77yd Z-wedge shows 26 yards as the default for flop shots.

So, when I was buying the new 60yd Ping wedge, I expected its default for flop shots to be at around 20 yards or less. To see 25 yards there, was a shock, because I might as well play all flop shots with the Z-wedge, if that is the case.

So I hope you're right, mefitz, and that WGT will soon let us know if the yardages for the Ping wedge are incorrect. Its description in the ProShop is, "Hit the ultimate flop shots with this 64 degree wedge," which doesn't make sense if the Ping wedge is no more than a watered-down Z-wedge.

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 8:35 AM

Agreed. Heads up btw. I just sent a bug report concerning this club while playing the weekly ctth at Tahoe. On the second hole-63yds.-my "caddie" handed me the 64 degree, rated at 60yds. full shot. This has Never happened before. I`m Always given a club rated higher than the distance to hole. Again, there are obviously Bugs at work here! Just a matter of time, although WGT has a different perception of time than most others. I`ll try not to "watch the pot" to boil as best I can but, I Really want to use this club to its full potential rather than trying to guess what it`ll do next!.....tick,tick,tick....Hey WGT, any response to this  would be appreciated, sooner than later! Thanks in advance!

• BabyBulldog
    64 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 8:41 AM

I would like to add that the Ping 52 degree is doing the same thing as well as my new Ping 64 degree wedge. I am short on my yardage from my pitches, chips, and flops with both clubs. I also have not been able to pitch out of the bunkers on either stroke course with the clubs also. Help us out WGT!! Thanks!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 8:48 AM

mefitz:
    On the second hole-63yds.-my "caddie" handed me the 64 degree, rated at 60yds. full shot.

Confirmed. This happened to me, too, during a match-play round at Kiawah. The pin was 60+ yards away, yet the 64 degree Ping wedge was suggested to me. (There wasn't any tailwind to justify that.)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 9:42 AM

Another thing to notice is that the PING Tour W Master 60 Degree performs exactly the same as the PING Tour W Pro 58 Degree.  Same reported full swing yardage.  Same set of dots.  Same trajectory.

The worst part is that the Master club is 250 credits and the Pro club is 200.  Unless the special shot types are different, these two clubs appear to be identical with different prices.

What's the deal?

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 3:56 PM

The displayed distance on the 64 will be corrected soon.

The 58 and 60 have the same distance at full swing, but this is the only similarity--the master is still the better club.

RSS