Forums

Help › Forums

rectangle highlighted sections while playing

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 15 2009 7:53 PM (4 replies)
  • coolhotfun
    229 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 7:59 PM

Got a bigger monitor yesterday and noticing this while playing. Seen it before but sections seems more noticeable. Maybe it was part of the upgrade with this flag removal feature. Seems to happen wherever things are moving.. guess its where its drawing

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 8:15 PM

I get that when I play on 16-bit color depth instead of 32-bit.  Installing the new monitor might have dumbed down your color quality.  Check that out.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2009 2:03 PM

They look like possible flag placements to me.....the middle box being smaller because it would be further away. Notice how the flag and shadow just fit into the box.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 10:21 AM

Thanks for the report.

• coolhotfun
    229 Posts
    Thu, Oct 15 2009 7:53 PM

nivlac:

I get that when I play on 16-bit color depth instead of 32-bit.  Installing the new monitor might have dumbed down your color quality.  Check that out.

yeah the color quality setting was at 16bit. Fixes it when changing to 32. Tried changing it while window was open and even if you put it to 32, the highlited squares are still there. Have to close window and when you resume game it looks normal. Same thing if it's 32 and you want to test to see squares by putting it to 16, doesnt show up till closing the window and restarting a new one. Didnt have to close all browser windows, just the game window... That was tricky when testing what was causing it because didnt look like changing the setting did anything.

So thats what it is, betcha there's some players with those squares all over and dont know anything about how to fix it. Do they have anything about that in the help section?

RSS