Forums

Help › Forums

Tiger Woods haters just had it forcefully and permanently stuck in their craw

Tue, Apr 16 2019 12:44 PM (77 replies)
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Sep 23 2018 9:00 PM

Well I won't argue, that he might be on his way back, again, only time will tell. I'll admit it's a good start also, I was objecting to all the rest of his post! But it's his opinion, and we are all entitled to that, fact or fiction.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Sep 23 2018 9:44 PM

Luckystar5:
    One win is not what I would call a comeback! Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn, as the saying goes! Now is it something to talk about, I'll give you that much, but tiger still quivers when he sees a 5 iron, get over that feeling, and then it's a comeback, :^)

The whole season was his comeback, today was just a culmination of his hard work.He quite successfully got over any quivering and demonstrated that this past 4 days. This is a monumental achievement for him given what he had to go through to get back.

Look past the tabloid fodder of his past and appreciate how far he has come. His respect for the game and the people is obvious this time around, he's matured. 

This is even a greater plus for the game of golf AND fans of the game that have moved past his past. Witness the incredible stampede on the 18th fairway today, following him just to get a glimpse of greatness.

Tiger's back and the roars are, too. Good for him and good for golf.

• gherkinhead1
    245 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2018 12:16 AM

LouisPeter0:

It was always all about his kids. 

Until now, until today, to them, he was a part of history. He had YouTube glory.  

He wanted them to know what it was like for enormous and adoring crowds to scream his name. For his children to see their father's unfathomable grit and unflagging will to win in the face of age, injury, long odds, and against the very best young players on the planet. He wanted them to know what it was like for a huge mob to follow their father as he walked up the 18th fairway. He wanted them to know what it was like for their father to be, once again, crowned an unquestioned and indisputable champion among champions. 

This will go down in history as the greatest comeback in all sports. Not just golf. ALL sports. 

Bravo, Tiger. Bravo.

It's 1715 Monday afternoon here,

Even the Australian media are reporting it's the biggest sporting comeback of all time.

• pjctas0822
    4,550 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2018 5:34 AM

Sometimes good people fall in to the traps of life. If he never wins again after this Tiger has nothing to be ashamed of because we all fall short of the Glory of God. (Here come the heathens) But there is no man ever who has been perfect except one . 

Its not about the small game of golf its about Life and trying to be the best you can be . Sometimes we have to learn the hard way. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2018 8:43 AM

gherkinhead1:
    Even the Australian media are reporting it's the biggest sporting comeback of all time.

Are the Australian media some sort of bellwether that we should take special notice of how they report something?  

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2018 8:45 AM

pjctas0822:
    Sometimes good people fall in to the traps of life. If he never wins again after this Tiger has nothing to be ashamed of because we all fall short of the Glory of God. (Here come the heathens) But there is no man ever who has been perfect except one . 

While I don't disagree with what you wrote, there's "falling short" and then there's what Tiger did. He took the concept and made it an Olympic sport and then "went for the gold!" :-) 

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2018 8:49 AM

Well, in the final week of the MLB playoff race, and on an NFL Sunday, he certainly put golf at the top of the headlines. Nothing wrong with that!

TP

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2018 9:07 AM

Robert1893:
    then there's what Tiger did. He took the concept and made it an Olympic sport and then "went for the gold!" :-) 

And how exactly does that fit in or apply to the effort he's made to move on, not to mention the success he had in doing it? 

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2018 9:08 AM
    Nice to see Tiger playing well again. I'm not so sure it's the greatest sporting come back of all time though. He just had a bad back.
  • Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2018 9:21 AM

YankeeJim:
    And how exactly does that fit in or apply to the effort he's made to move on, not to mention the success he had in doing it? 

Wasn't suggesting it did. Just making an observation that his moral failings were "better than most." :-) 

What can one say that hasn't been said by others? The man excels at all that he does! 

RSS