Forums

Help › Forums

The New Spin/Distance Balls

Tue, Oct 13 2009 7:29 PM (4 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 4:11 PM

I couldn't wait to try these new 63 cent 3-pack balls. The first one lasted exactly 198 hits. The extra distance and extra spin were not anything in particular to be praise worthy. The second ball, because of an extremely clever swing meter "goose", lasted exactly one hit. How clever was the "goose"? Imagine one so beautiful that causes a player that hits 93% of the fairways to incur a lost Tee-ball to the left on BPB #10. Hello? Nunber #10? This took place, mind you, at the very start of the single play 9-hole event. WGT, replace my expensive ball, quit keeping everyone elses "lost or water balls", and make this change at once. Until it is implemented, I promise not to buy another ball and hope others will follow this tack.  

• rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 4:20 PM

I have definitely lost too many balls from 'lag' or 'beast', and I have heard a lot of people losing them since update, however I need me some GID balls otherwise I can't seem to hit anywhere near perfect with the r9 or g10 irons.

I wish they would lower the price on them...my purple balls are killing me :)

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 4:50 PM

I am joining SweetiePie in her quest.  I have a few purchased golfballs yet, and when they are lost/destroyed, they will not be replaced.

I will no longer buy golf balls while the option to lose them with one hit, through no fault of one's own, is still present.

It's just not worth it.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 7:17 PM

As angry as I was on my last post, the flip side is humorous. Using my last of the three pack, x-spin/x-distance balls, on the 9-hole unlimited event, one went in for Eagle on #3 and subsequent birdies had me on the green at #9 at -5. Then the expensive ball expired and I faced a birdie putt with a starter ball that found the hole for a birdie and a 30. Irony.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 7:29 PM

Gotta love a fallible human being (not to mention a fallible new ball) who can recognize irony when he/she experiences it.

RSS