Forums

Help › Forums

Apparel Abilities

Wed, Jun 7 2023 5:41 PM (20 replies)
  • JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2018 4:02 PM
    With the latest update WGT has devised a new way to take your credits. But as usual, you purchase doesn’t come with much info as to what you get for 500 credits. So, what are Abilities? I mean, I get what abilities are, but what exactly are you buying? I’m at SE level 9. There is a 500 credit link next to a padlock at the top of the apparel edit screen. Do I have to reach level 10 for the lock to disappear? Frankly I’m afraid to click it, lest 500 credits disappear. Is it to add capability to an apparel item without raising its level? I suspect, since apparel upgrades are purchased with coins that have little value, this is a way to throw credits into the mix. You’ll discover how quickly credits can disappear by buying an apparel pack and end up with 100 points toward some item you never wear. Then kick yourself for not spending them on a sleeve of balls. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could buy backspin for your unlimited starter balls. You could be competitive without fear of landing in the water or out of bounds.
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2018 5:43 PM

similar thread here and if I understand it correctly it doesn't gain you new abilities that you haven't earned, but rather allow you to "assign" the abilities you have earned to "different sponsor clothing items" so you can possibly better color coordinate your outfit or something with the sponsor boosting "abilities" you would prefer.  

that is how I understand it at least.

• middbrew
    318 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2018 6:27 PM

el3n1:

similar thread here and if I understand it correctly it doesn't gain you new abilities that you haven't earned, but rather allow you to "assign" the abilities you have earned to "different sponsor clothing items" so you can possibly better color coordinate your outfit or something with the sponsor boosting "abilities" you would prefer.  

Yes, that is what it is. You can wear any set of apparel and use the abilities of a different set of apparel. 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sat, Sep 8 2018 7:37 PM

el3n1:

You are correct, I clicked on it, purchased it, due to many club members asking about it.  It's a little confusing at first, but workable, if persistent.  

• JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 7:06 PM

So, is it 500 credits per item, or outfit?

And does the set bonus stay with the sponsor you had originally or the one whose apparel you switch to? What about mixing benefits from different sponsors?

Or are you limited to changing styles from the same sponsor. I.e. moving from common item to epic or rare item?

• flatstick96
    208 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 8:41 PM

So to manage your existing apparel, you have to pay 500 credits? If so, to hell with these greedy assclowns.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Sep 9 2018 8:51 PM

JasCooper:

So, is it 500 credits per item, or outfit?

And does the set bonus stay with the sponsor you had originally or the one whose apparel you switch to? What about mixing benefits from different sponsors?

Or are you limited to changing styles from the same sponsor. I.e. moving from common item to epic or rare item?

Whatever your apparel is set for, you keep that boost, just change the clothing.  If u have the se hat, for longer drives, you can wear something else, and keep the abilities, as they call it, of the se hat.  You can change as many times as u wish. You can even go back and change to a hat that has different abilities, to say give u more coins, but keep wearing the hat u think looks better. The way I understand it, the 500 credits is a one time deal, to wear whatever, as much as u want. 

• JasCooper
    528 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2018 11:42 AM

flatstick96:

So to manage your existing apparel, you have to pay 500 credits? If so, to hell with these greedy assclowns.

i’m surprised they didn’t limit it to a single item of clothing, or change. I actually suggested this to WGT a few times, but with more limitations. i.e. replacing my SE level 9 common hat with my level 2 SE Epic hat, since it never added points to the latter and I wasn’t about to sacrifice the yardage and set bonus for appearance.

Coincidently, due to an error by WGT weeks ago, I ended up with a reasonable outfit and it didn’t cost me a thing. All SE level 9; and puzzled opponents who couldn’t fathom such long drives without a hat. I think I’ll keep it since even with the new option I doubt you can choose no hat at all. Although I seem to have 2 left shoes...

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2018 12:02 PM

flatstick96:

i don't think you understand.

• flatstick96
    208 Posts
    Mon, Sep 10 2018 12:03 PM

I get the idea of paying for the ADDITIONAL functionality of "cross-assigning" attributes across different pieces of apparel.  No issue with that whatsoever.

My issue is with taking something that was already free (basic management of the existing apparel) and suddenly charging for that functionality.  If I tried out a piece of apparel yesterday (for free), then decided that I don't like it, do I now have to pay 500 credits to take it off and put the stock apparel back on?  That's what it looks like.  And if that's indeed how it works, that is a shitty move by WGT, IMO.

RSS