Forums

Help › Forums

Tournament Scores...

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 17 2011 2:32 AM (25 replies)
  • gshaver
    19 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2011 7:12 PM

Ban me, mock me, bash me, black ball me, do whatever you want, but no one will ever convince me that somebody can shoot a 54 on 18 holes on any of these courses without the aid of some software or some type of gaming mouse that can stop the meter perfect every time. A regular joe like me actually playing the game will never shoot a score like that, no matter what clubs and balls I use. Jus' sayin'.........

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2011 8:43 PM

LazerMart:
    I was more curious about the low scores. Seems a bit out of reach for me and I think I have a pretty good handle on my equipment.

If you don`t qualify you dont have a handle on ***.   I am really sick and tired, of guys like you demeaning this game and the effort and work that a lot of us put into it.   

I am not the best by any means, but I play a lot and work hard at this game. My hand eye co-ordination is good, and my memory is sharp.   On top of that I play over and over again till I know the course.  I have spent 10,000 cr on just balls for these opens.  Until you realize what it takes to do well at this game, you are just a dude sitting in the peanut gallery, barking comments that no on cares about.

just saying grow up,

b0gey

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2011 9:14 PM

b0geybuster:

LazerMart:
    I was more curious about the low scores. Seems a bit out of reach for me and I think I have a pretty good handle on my equipment.

If you don`t qualify you dont have a handle on ***.   I am really sick and tired, of guys like you demeaning this game and the effort and work that a lot of us put into it.   

I am not the best by any means, but I play a lot and work hard at this game. My hand eye co-ordination is good, and my memory is sharp.   On top of that I play over and over again till I know the course.  I have spent 10,000 cr on just balls for these opens.  Until you realize what it takes to do well at this game, you are just a dude sitting in the peanut gallery, barking comments that no on cares about.

just saying grow up,

b0gey

Hardly fair sir. Some people have a life you know.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2011 9:45 PM

piztaker:
    Hardly fair sir. Some people have a life you know.

Hardly fair?   Do you know my life?

You cant fcking complain if you can only spend 1 hr per day here.   It is not good enough.

And piz, you are much respected, but don't give me your 2 cents, without thought.

Your comment is a joke!  

WTF, you have no idea what allows me or anyone to play as much as we do.  

I mostly thank my wife for being so understanding!

But with that said, ty for you opinion, but you sir on this one, might as well be in the peanut gallery, barking those same comments that no one cares about!

Cheers,

b0gey

• gene1022
    112 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2011 10:49 PM

claremoreblue:

It is almost necessary to have the good clubs but owning them won't get you in. One important factor is knowing what to do on every shot and executing them.

Well said blue. When I learn how to hit fairways and greens and learn how to putt, I,m gonna join  ya'll at the top.    ROFLMAO

• LazerMart
    7 Posts
    Fri, Jul 15 2011 5:31 AM

b0gey,

Relax man... It's just a discussion. I am simply saying these scores seem a bit low. I am not barking comments from the peanut gallery. My low round is 62... not too shabby. Maybe we should settle this on the course. Match play 18 on Congressional. I am willing to place a few credits on a challenge. How about it?

BTW... I am out of town this weekend.

• TarheelsRule
    5,482 Posts
    Fri, Jul 15 2011 1:01 PM

In the Open qualifying at RSG, the winds are still and the greens are the light side of tournament speed.  Virtually every hole can be birdied and there are a couple of eagle holes out there as well.

The play will be more difficult when the winds are up and the green speed is increased to championship speed.  It will also be a one shot not multiple attempts for each of the two rounds.  I'm not in the top 50 of best players but I was able to get in with a 54 which included 14 straight birdies after being 2 under after 4 holes.  It can be done, get to know the course by playing it from different spots and you will enhance your chances to go low.  The putting on RSG is one of the easiest on the site if you know where to hit it on the greens.

You can't compete with the scores on the board unless you have worked to learn how to play the course and you need the better equipment.  You don't have to have the best but you have to have at least an R9 driver and Ping G10 irons or higher.  I personally don't use the Callaway balls, I can't figure them out in the wind but you need good balls as well.

• iukine
    195 Posts
    Fri, Jul 15 2011 1:57 PM

Here's what you can do, email WGT and ask them to change the tourney format to this;  Practice all you want, then 1 and only 1 qualifying round, then four rounds of tournament play, just like the real world. That would end the calls of some players cheating and such. My belief is they are not. the problem is the ammount of times they're getting to qualify and play the tourneys. If someone gets more shots at qualifying than you do, then it's not a level playing field. that in itself might not get you a win, but you may not be totally shutout either. Just an idea I got, if we all toss it at WGT, then maybe something will be done about it.  Then the cut the cut line might not be so low. We can try it, you just never know.

• thumbwrench
    40 Posts
    Fri, Jul 15 2011 2:15 PM

iukine:

Here's what you can do, email WGT and ask them to change the tourney format to this;  Practice all you want, then 1 and only 1 qualifying round, then four rounds of tournament play, just like the real world. That would end the calls of some players cheating and such. My belief is they are not. the problem is the ammount of times they're getting to qualify and play the tourneys. If someone gets more shots at qualifying than you do, then it's not a level playing field. that in itself might not get you a win, but you may not be totally shutout either. Just an idea I got, if we all toss it at WGT, then maybe something will be done about it.  Then the cut the cut line might not be so low. We can try it, you just never know.

Excellent idea!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Jul 15 2011 4:30 PM

gshaver:

Ban me, mock me, bash me, black ball me, do whatever you want, but no one will ever convince me that somebody can shoot a 54 on 18 holes on any of these courses without the aid of some software or some type of gaming mouse that can stop the meter perfect every time. A regular joe like me actually playing the game will never shoot a score like that, no matter what clubs and balls I use. Jus' sayin'.........

Nice edit...

why di you remove the references to CHEAT SOFTWARE...you had in caps?

RSS