Forums

Help › Forums

Tournament Scores...

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 17 2011 2:32 AM (25 replies)
  • LazerMart
    7 Posts
    Wed, Jul 13 2011 8:21 PM

Did you see the scores people are posting for the US Open and Open qualifier rounds. The cut is 57 for the Open. I cannot imagine how many rounds you would have to play to be able to shoot those scores. Are people somehow cheating?

• billcliff
    2,616 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2011 3:36 AM

I think we have had posts about cheating in every forum link on site.Can we keep it in one place please.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2011 7:08 AM

Didn't take long at all.  Here are my first few rounds...

06.10.11 The Virtual Open Qualifying Round Full 18 All Players 58
    06.10.11 The Virtual Open Qualifying Round Full 18 All Players 56
    06.09.11 The Virtual Open Qualifying Round Full 18 All Players 58
    06.09.11 The Virtual Open Qualifying Round Full 18 All Players 63
    06.09.11 The Virtual Open Qualifying Round Full 18 All Players 60
    06.08.11 The Virtual Open Qualifying Round Full 18 All Players 61
    06.08.11 The Virtual Open Qualifying Round Full 18 All Players 58
    06.08.11 The Virtual Open Qualifying Round Full 18 All Players 59
    06.08.11 The Virtual Open Qualifying Round Full 18 All Players 60

• jjjazzy
    3 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2011 7:43 AM

I saw that, come on, 57 to make the cut.  Why bother even trying. I have played for over a year and there is no way I am going to even brake 70 on that course. I suppose you have to buy all the best clubs to get any kind of decent performance. It's very frustrating, Makes you want to just forget the tournaments. 

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2011 9:32 AM

jjjazzy:

I saw that, come on, 57 to make the cut.  Why bother even trying. I have played for over a year and there is no way I am going to even brake 70 on that course. I suppose you have to buy all the best clubs to get any kind of decent performance. It's very frustrating, Makes you want to just forget the tournaments. 

why bother?  To compete with the best at the biggest venue WGT has to offer, that's why! To each their own I guess!

Have fun,

b0gey

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2011 9:37 AM

You have been playing here over a year and are still using starter and beginner clubs? Only the best of the best would even have a chance to qualify playing with those clubs. Spend a little money and get some better clubs and see what you can do. 

For me if I could putt better I would have qualified Sunday night. I had a 60 and left at least 4 birdies out there that a good putter would have made.But not with the clubs you are playing with. I played a round in the U.S. Open qualifier using the starters and shot a 78 or so but with my good clubs I managed a 62 missing the cut by 3 because of 3 3 putt bogies,  

• jjjazzy
    3 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2011 10:03 AM

Well i may give that a try, what clubs would you recommend?  Taylor Driver? Do I need all new clubs and a putter? I guess my real point should have been that nobody in the world would shoot a 57 on that course let alone having to make that number to just make the cut. Does that seem real to you? Thanks for the reply.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2011 10:10 AM

It is almost necessary to have the good clubs but owning them won't get you in. One important factor is knowing what to do on every shot and executing them.

• LazerMart
    7 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2011 10:11 AM

I was more curious about the low scores. Seems a bit out of reach for me and I think I have a pretty good handle on my equipment.

• LazerMart
    7 Posts
    Thu, Jul 14 2011 12:57 PM

I think this is where I was originally heading... 57 to make the cut and WGT promotes this as a realistic game. If you had to shoot 57 at RSG for real you would die trying!

I guess I am suggesting that WGT make ringing the bell a premium but missing should result in more severe misses.Everything else is near perfect, the wind is accurate, the green speed and break is right on but a swing that is off center is not severe. However my scores would suffer!

RSS