Forums

Help › Forums

Matchplay

Tue, Oct 13 2009 1:37 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JohnHancock
    1,905 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 5:42 AM

I've got a feeling the new Matchplay thingy could be quite buggy.

When going to 'join a group', I sometimes get put into a game where neither of the players is me lol.

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 5:48 AM

wow cool!

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 7:29 AM

Match play is a work in progress, John please give us a lot more details about happens and how you got there.

thanks

• JohnHancock
    1,905 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 7:42 AM

On more than one occasion I selected 'Join a Group' and chose the Matchplay option on any course, any number of holes, scored option I believe.

The system searched for a couple of seconds before showing a selected match with 2 players, but neither of the players was me.  First time this seemed to cause a problem, the screen froze and I had to refresh, second time I was able to cancel and return to the menu screen.

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 7:43 AM

JohnHancock:

I've got a feeling the new Matchplay thingy could be quite buggy.

When going to 'join a group', I sometimes get put into a game where neither of the players is me lol.

that's pretty kewl...a virtual, virtual golf match!!

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 7:47 AM

JohnHancock

thank you for these details, we will investigate further

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 7:48 AM

JohnHancock:

The long-awaited Spectator Mode?    SCNR.

On a more serious note, it's really nice you can now resume match-play (within 10 minutes) if your connection breaks down. I hope this feature will also become available for stroke-play!

• Therockdoctor
    232 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 11:06 AM

every game i join freezes up as soon as either player hits the tee off button and i am left with no option but to close the wgt game window

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 11:09 AM

Clear your Flash cache and your browser cache, Therockdoctor. You might also try the game in another browser, such as Chrome.

• SandyMcMandy
    24 Posts
    Tue, Oct 13 2009 11:13 AM

I have tried both firefox, and chrome in match play format and in both cases i'ts showing my lie on every shot on the tee?? Also , I am not able to use backspin? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Sandy

• PAGES
RSS