Help › Forums

My dear wife

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 24 2010 8:04 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • shtebs
    38 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 8:49 AM

I'm 52 years old, otherwise generally sane and addicted to this game. My dear wife believes that I have lost my mind as she watches me play this game endlessly, alternately laughing, shouting and cursing. Then the VISA charges for clubs showed up.

"You're paying to play this silly game?"

Then the $1.00 VISA charges showed.

"What the heck are you buying for $1.00 with a credit card?"

When I replied  "I'm buying imaginary golf balls"',  the look on her face was priceless.  She was unable to muster any reply - sarcastic or otherwise. She no longer inquires about the VISA charges,  perhaps afraid I'll tell her I"m buying imaginary tees or clothing. -:)

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 8:55 AM

I know that look....

• thunderbird
    381 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 9:16 AM

This too I know! 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 9:59 AM

I think I'm up around $90...............afraid to look.

(I do have a credit balance-need it for the friggin balls)

• TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 10:11 AM

Very, very funny I am definitely with you there, if I told my wife I was buying imaginary golf balls she would have me committed.

But its OK to buy a piece of clothing that you only ever wear once, go figure?

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 10:20 AM

What you mean this game isn't real. Oh well back to decorating my padded cell.

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 10:23 AM

shtebs, your post absolutely made my day!

Some of you may recall me mentioning my own beloved other half on these forums on several occasions, the latest one referring to the dreaded sound of the key going into the front door when I'm halfway through a round and having to dash down the stairs, and make like I've been preparing dinner for hours.

Bless her, she's totally bemused but also very understanding of my addiction to this game, and 'allows' me to play most days without complaint.

Like others though, the credit card issue sorely tested her resolve, and I was roundly castigated for my complete disregard for our financial plight in order to improve my game.

Glad it's not just me though. Maybe we should start an online support group - before our wives do!

Sean

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 11:53 AM

Now I remember where I've seen that look... It was right when I got my blue balls .....

• HigherThanYall
    51 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 12:03 PM

lol.lol.lol.All I can do when I read this is lol...you made my freakin day.....

• Macduff10
    370 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 12:15 PM

I've been wearing this same outfit for weeks....and I'm sick of it.

This whole thread...too funny.

• PAGES
RSS