Help › Forums

I don't want to be ranked on the Master Tier

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 25 2011 3:53 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jcw7766
    22 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2011 5:49 PM

My best friend and I have been playing and spending our money on this game for a few months now. We got our avg scores down to around 72 with one of us shooting an occasional 68 or 69. well my average score continued to go down until it was like a 67.14 or something like that. I shot a 34 on the front nine at St. Andrews and it dropped me to 67 and advanced me to the Master Tier. Now my driving sucks period. Doesn't matter if I knock a 300 yd drive on some par 4s I'm still left with a long wood shot to get on the green. Yeah buying a new driver would fix that except the one I want isn't available for another 6 or 7 levels. And when I do get it well it will be around 15 bucks or 1500 credits to get it. I've already spent 60 or 70 on this game. The next 60 I spend on a golf game will be on one you buy on the shelf in the stores and doesn't require you to continue to dump money into it, oh and offers 16 courses to play from. 

The staff at WGT has done a wonderful job on this game but for the money it definitely lacks in courses for stroke play and is forcing me to spend even more money. Still cheaper than the Golden Tee machines some of us play in bars at first look, then add constantly buying balls, upgrading equipment and it adds up quick. It was fun while it lasted but it's really not worth the money anymore.

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2011 6:00 PM

one question.

Why do you feel the need to inform us of this (care factor)

• jcw7766
    22 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2011 7:06 PM

Why do you feel the need to ask? I didn't ask you to read it.

• JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2011 7:25 PM

jcw7766:

Doesn't matter if I knock a 300 yd drive on some par 4s I'm still left with a long wood shot to get on the green.

Long wood shot? Oh no....you poor thing.

• jcw7766
    22 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2011 7:44 PM

We're not talking an occasional long wood shot but almost every damn hole. If you don't like my post don't read it. I'm tired of dumping money into the bottomless pit  this game has become. Have a nice day.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2011 7:50 PM

THATS FUNNY

you and I and a LARGE amount of Tp that didnt want to be masters. sounds like you all just constantly played one course. that might be your problem. I can name 4 players that i play with with the same problem, just wait till you see your average balloon up and see how you feel. it will get better

-G

hit me up and welcome

• jcw7766
    22 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2011 7:57 PM

It's already started it's trek back up, at 73 now and I suspect as I shoot the balls out that I still have it will get worse. 

No not one course player either. Just stroke play and how many courses are there that you can play 18 holes of stroke play on? Beth Page, St Andrews, Kiawah Island, and Oakmont for the longest, now Congressional and Royal St George. I've shot 67 - 69 on the first 3 courses I just listed.

Already went through the crap of getting to that point once and now it's like starting over. I don't have a desire to do that. Thanks. 

• oldcollectorcoin
    46 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2011 8:22 PM

some rather ignorant and non-supportive replies to a very general problem.

we have no idea when the game will rank us up and therefore cannot prepare for it

the main point is that it may rank us up too soon. the same points you use to be obnoxious to this post with are the same reasons we shouldn't be ranked up too soon.

from what i read and what people tell me the rank of master is actually too easy to reach anyway. i started playing just 37 days ago or something and i bet if i wanted could rank up to master or even a little further if i wanted but just hit a few pars or bogeys when they could easily be birdies.

and no to prevent the dumb comment as to "do i only play one course in case anyone wishes to say that". you can see from my profile the nice scorecards i put up from the various courses.

the tour pro is a nice level to play at for a while to help build confidence and have a decent tee position. from hack to master or master+ in under 40 days is not good business.

all that doesn't matter, the fact that we do spend a nice amount to money to purchase equipment on this game, we should have some general idea of how the game changing on us without notification will affect us and the money we do or do not spend.

it would be nice to see a little more support and understanding from someone just wanting to vent after seeing the money and time spent going down the drain somewhat.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2011 9:09 PM

Check out the offers and surveys. Lots of credits for no money.

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2011 1:12 AM

jcw7766:
    I'm tired of dumping money into the bottomless pit  this game has become.

Don`t play it then.

I`m tied to nearly bed time...

• PAGES
RSS