Forums

Help › Forums

poor continuity

Sun, Feb 18 2018 1:48 PM (74 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 17 2018 8:44 AM

LOL. Good read, Bun, I totally agree. :-)

dedBuNNy:
    I will say one thing, spending massive amounts of cash to upgrade your computer just to play this game is not needed, and total waste of money. As my good buddy (lol) Jim says, you don't need a kickass computer to play this game

I have a perfect example for this. I have always played on my Toshiba laptop but there was a time when the HD died and I was stuck, I had to revive my old dinosaur VAIO. Ugh, fast CPU, big HD, great internet connection and a measly 900 MB (not GB) of RAM with Windows XP.

The first try at playing was a disaster. Choppy graphics, ridiculous meter that stopped when it wanted to and slow loads between holes, all totally understandable given what it takes to play this game. Game on, I'm playing on this machine if it kills me! LOL

In a nutshell, a dedicated browser-SRIronware-scrubbing the msconfig file, installing the same version of Flash on it that I have on this machine, shutting down any extraneous background operations and installing Adblock made the game playable. Not just acceptable but playable.

The meter was under control with no speeding or stopping mid-swing. The loads were very slow and sometimes the renderings were choppy but the actual game play was totally acceptable. I was able to shoot a 30 at Oakmont on it. On a machine with only 900MB of RAM!

I since installed the Comodo Dragon browser, dedicated it, installed Avast AV and sent it off to a friend in need on the west coast who's been without for a while. And when he and I get around to playing each other he knows that I know he has no meter problems. No excuses.  LOL  ;-)

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Feb 17 2018 12:30 PM

ItsTooSweet:

WGT's answer is pretty clear and contains no ambiguity. They have access to the code and how it is implemented. I certainly don't. I don't believe the posters on this thread do either.

Actually that is not true, everyone has access to the code, all you need to see it is a memory reader, and you can easily overwrite it with a "scrip", and change anything or everything in the game. WGT has no idea what you did, they only see the results because "everything else is done on your computer"! You can teach a 10yr old to do it in 10 minutes, that's why there used to be so many cheats....now you can buy most of it in the Pro shop.

Jim mentioned that autodingers stop and move in increments...that only happens when the code is overwritten, autodingers have to be set manually by timing each shot, and that is what the counter measure WGT implemented was for....

Send me a friend request and I'll send you a video of it....I am told that long long ago there was a youtube video of a guy/gal driving #1 hole at BPB with a 7i to 3ft from the pin.....I have never seen it but WOW.....LOL

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 17 2018 1:22 PM

fatdan:
    autodingers have to be set manually by timing each shot, and that is what the counter measure WGT implemented was for....

I missed this part, what did they implement?

My lay person thinking on the measure to combat them was to make the ding a 50-50 proposition, sort of. I get absolutely killed in crosswinds if I ding the shot. I'm not talking WTF shots, just results that say I should have aimed twice as far away as I did. That same shot and aim, with a strategic missed ding always gets a positive result. 

I also thought it curious that WGT came out with that ding result tab. I'm not sure why they did or how to use it because I don't try to ding a lot of the time. Maybe it was a subtle message to auto dingers or something, IDK.  

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sat, Feb 17 2018 1:48 PM

YankeeJim:
    thought it curious that WGT came out with that ding result tab. I'm not sure why they did or how to use

Don't know why they thought we'd like to see a graph on how we hit, it's the other guys hit graph we'd like to see. ;-)

• ItsTooSweet
    149 Posts
    Sat, Feb 17 2018 1:50 PM

fatdan:
    Actually that is not true, everyone has access to the code, all you need to see it is a memory reader, and you can easily overwrite it with a "scrip", and change anything or everything in the game. WGT has no idea what you did, they only see the results because "everything else is done on your computer"! You can teach a 10yr old to do it in 10 minutes, that's why there used to be so many cheats....now you can buy most of it in the Pro shop.

Friend request sent.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 17 2018 5:22 PM

WigerToods2010:
    Go play Oakmont right now and you'll be pleasantly surprised at how smooth the game plays. Why? IMO it's because very few will be doing so at the same time... oops too late.

Or because the course doesn't exist and VEM doesn't know about it. :-)

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Sun, Feb 18 2018 1:14 AM

In use microwave ovens can cause internet drop outs - beware modem v oven location

No kidding .. true story

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Feb 18 2018 4:31 AM

YankeeJim:
    I also thought it curious that WGT came out with that ding result tab. I'm not sure why they did or how to use it because I don't try to ding a lot of the time. Maybe it was a subtle message to auto dingers or something, IDK.  

All I saw was a subtle message on how anecdotal evidence based on even more limited stats can lead to strange outcomes...........Whatever happened to the great SSs anyway?

• DivatDown
    163 Posts
    Sun, Feb 18 2018 7:30 AM

Every time my wife uses her vibrator my meter is terrible, oh well the price we pay.....

• Robert1893
    7,680 Posts
    Sun, Feb 18 2018 7:56 AM

TMI does not mean Tell More Information. 

RSS