Forums

Help › Forums

Rare and Epic apparel mobile

Tue, May 16 2023 12:13 PM (47 replies)
  • Duphpherer
    437 Posts
    Wed, May 10 2023 2:19 PM

The rare and epic drop less often, but still level up to 10 maximum.

mandolfo:

Are you sure that for rare and epic apparel the levels are 10 like for common apparel?

In your game, did you manage to get a level 7 or 8 for rare or epic apparel? 

Thank you

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, May 10 2023 2:51 PM

Duphpherer:

The rare and epic drop less often, but still level up to 10 maximum.

mandolfo:

Are you sure that for rare and epic apparel the levels are 10 like for common apparel?

In your game, did you manage to get a level 7 or 8 for rare or epic apparel? 

Thank you

I have a couple of L7 and one L8 but it has taken a while, all my common stuff is L10.  I can't see me getting to L10 with any special items. 

Say you managed to get all your common items to L10 after a year and a couple of  the others to L7 (although I also have one L3), I think that'd be good going.  To get to L7 you've collected 187 of the item, from there to L10 you'll need 1,700 more, so just over another 9 years.

You need to get Rare items to L9 and Epic to L8 to even match the L10 common ones.

• Duphpherer
    437 Posts
    Thu, May 11 2023 12:36 PM

DodgyPutter:

I have a couple of L7 and one L8 but it has taken a while, all my common stuff is L10.  I can't see me getting to L10 with any special items. 

Say you managed to get all your common items to L10 after a year and a couple of  the others to L7 (although I also have one L3), I think that'd be good going.  To get to L7 you've collected 187 of the item, from there to L10 you'll need 1,700 more, so just over another 9 years.

You need to get Rare items to L9 and Epic to L8 to even match the L10 common ones.

Another good thing about Epic apparel... it most always adds a 2nd or 3rd attribute over it's Common counterpart. Some Rare pieces can also add an attribue over Common. And yes, at 6th or 7th level Epic can match or beat a higher level Common piece.  

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, May 12 2023 12:14 PM

pdb1:
    This is from the page before this . Answers your uncertainties .

I wasn't sure I had any :-/

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, May 12 2023 3:27 PM

Duphpherer:
    Another good thing about Epic apparel... it most always adds a 2nd or 3rd attribute over it's Common counterpart. Some Rare pieces can also add an attribue over Common. And yes, at 6th or 7th level Epic can match or beat a higher level Common piece.  

That's true.  What I was trying to suggest was if you need to make an effort to get these it's not worth it. If you're playing the coin games anyway sure eventually you may get something a little better. 

I had a quick look at what I'd get on the line of my current equipped apparel.  Xp I wouldn't want, not sure on the extra spin on my irons or even more power out the rough, they seem good but (entirely my own fault) I'd get even more confused when switching between apparel and non apparel games.  More coins-I'll never spend what I have.  It's more but it's up to the individual if it's better and worth any effort.

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Sat, May 13 2023 11:25 AM

DodgyPutter:
    What I was trying to suggest was if you need to make an effort to get these it's not worth it.

+1 - just my opinion but it is absolutely not worth the effort, time or ball use - to chase the small gains of epic or rare over the maxed out common items.

you may consider these exceptions or not but I did find the difference was relatively small.

the epic top golf glove did offer a slightly better coin boost than the common L10 glove. even at L5 I believe.  been a long time as that is something I did swap out early on.

and the L8 max rare shoe did offer a slightly better coin boost - but it took upwards of 6 years for me to get it to L8. versus maybe a year of playing coin rooms for the L10 common shoe.  

so for me anyway - the juice is NOT worth the squeeze - it requires far too much time and effort - given the random nature they are handed out.  

• pmm711
    5,509 Posts
    Sat, May 13 2023 3:24 PM

el3n1:
    did offer a slightly better coin boost

^^^^ Think about what you're saying...and I know you're NOT one of the many WGT suckers out there... 

If people are spending RL $ on fake balls in order to win worthless coins...in order to buy apparel that allows them to win a larger % of even more worthless coins...well how foolish can one be? 

It still amazes me that people enter coin rooms with the most expensive balls in the game.  People addicted to wanting to feel great in some way.  Hell, my level 9 common apparel, coupled with the clubs I have, provides enough oomph to enable me to win coin room matches I would never be able to win while playing the free rock which I use 100% of the time.  I chuckle when the "Would you like to gift 1500 credit balls" to so-and-so popup appears after a match.  I just SMH at how idiotic and stupid these players are...and how WGT has reined that person in to spend RL $, or to watch videos that provide a cash flow to WGT, in order to feel good about themselves having amassed some sort of "virtual wealth". 

Everyone's coins in this game equal the same no matter how many coins we have...NADA...ZIP...ZILCH.  The only good in having them is to give them up in order to ug apparel or so we can play vs.another player in a coin match.  You're so right when you say "the juice is not worth the squeeze".  Unfortunately there are way too many ids in this WGT world who can't seem to understand that. 

Yeah, I know, people don't like me for calling a spade a spade...but it is what it is.  And I could care less.  The game lost me when it started catering to the "Thanks for the gift card mommy" Christmas stocking, Easter basket and birthday card stuffer crowd.  Yannis wrote in another post how TopGolf has only catered to the mobile players since they took over.  He understands how the PC side of things gets zero attention.  The PC game was all about fun, CCs, and camaraderie…group play was so much easier then.  Think of how much fun this forum used to be too.  TopGolf destroyed all of that for us. 

I only play now because it reminds me of my brother Andy who introduced me to the game back in 2011 and who passed away from leukemia in 2016.  The game gives me a smile and that smile comes from him up there in heaven.   RIP Andy. 🙏🏻❤️

And I'm happy to say I never spent a penny on this game...not even the $5 they promised to match for buying 500 credits.  Now I'm thinking of the clowns who tee it up wearing the apparel that provides the worthless coin win boost...you can tell right off by the shoes they're wearing.  LMFAO

P.S.  Sorry for the rant.  I couldn't help myself.  ;-/

RSS