Forums

Help › Forums

Honest Question on why People forfeit the coin room games?

Mon, Mar 25 2024 3:28 PM (35 replies)
  • sheepsass
    648 Posts
    Fri, Feb 2 2018 11:20 AM

You aced the 1000 yd par 7........opponent takes 9 shots to get near the hole....then just sits there as the clock runs...

suddenly...YOU GET THAT CALL...LOSE CONNECTION...BATTERY DIES...

you run to find your charger.....attempt to regain the connection that ...lol...of course you know it...you’re the one that lost it......

ahhhh.....device is plugged in......wgt is loading...

suddenly....you get the msg...

game over.....you did not return in time....

guess what....??????????

YOU LOST...:))

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Fri, Feb 2 2018 4:40 PM

QuotaRelief:

el3n1 - although your very first sentence is just silly, I guess I should thank you for your response.  For whatever reason I never saw the W/L record listed in the friends section - so now I know.  Would be fun if WGT kept this as a running stat.

it was meant to point out the absurdity of "demeaning" another player while also making a comment that "appeared" to act in a similar fashion.  

I am not calling you "child like" but trying to remind you as I have myself, when I first began playing and was so tempted to write on a players wall. My actions your actions if not "kept in perspective" can also begin to appear no different than the type of behavior we are trying to address.  

you don't change how people will respond if you create an adversarial relationship.  I thought it would "prompt" a response not because I believe you to be a bad person. I think you want what many of us do and that is to honor the integrity of the game.  ...  but how we also have to remember there are a multitude of personalities out there, a very limited amount of time to generate any kind of connection with the other person... so we are left with very little to go on...  we make assumptions and yes there can be a variety of reasons...sometimes yes they may just want to be a bit of an #$%, but thank them for the game and pocket their coins.  

can you really establish a real connection in 45 seconds and still have time to hit your shots.  I have had players ignore me for 9 holes...I have at times even tried to offer tips if I thought it could help.  sometimes people just don't care.   

if you can connect then you try to friend one another and have a conversation or message outside of that.  ...  I "offered you" a variety of reasons an options, I shared my time with you because I understand where you are coming from.  But you may find yourself in a similar situation some point, intentionally or accidentally may shut a match down.  If you didn't then I would wonder if you were a bot, we are all human, and if you have a competitive side you may still do what you yourself would think you would never do.  It happens.  

As for what they have to gain, they may see it as though they have nothing to gain by finishing or not finishing. If they placed any "value" on it then they obviously wouldn't, but this is also where human emotions, ego, etc. come into play.  

Keep plugging along, we all manage and try to enjoy what we can!  Best wishes!

• sheepsass
    648 Posts
    Fri, Feb 2 2018 5:36 PM
    I
    Half a league, half a league,
    Half a league onward,
    All in the valley of Death
       Rode the six hundred.
    “Forward, the Light Brigade!
    Charge for the guns!” he said.
    Into the valley of Death
       Rode the six hundred.
    II
    “Forward, the Light Brigade!”
    Was there a man dismayed?
    Not though the soldier knew
       Someone had blundered.
       Theirs not to make reply,
       Theirs not to reason why,
       Theirs but to do and die.
       Into the valley of Death
       Rode the six hundred.
    III
    Cannon to right of them,
    Cannon to left of them,
    Cannon in front of them
       Volleyed and thundered;
    Stormed at with shot and shell,
    Boldly they rode and well,
    Into the jaws of Death,
    Into the mouth of hell
       Rode the six hundred.
    IV
    Flashed all their sabres bare,
    Flashed as they turned in air
    Sabring the gunners there,
    Charging an army, while
       All the world wondered.
    Plunged in the battery-smoke
    Right through the line they broke;
    Cossack and Russian
    Reeled from the sabre stroke
       Shattered and sundered.
    Then they rode back, but not
       Not the six hundred.
    V
    Cannon to right of them,
    Cannon to left of them,
    Cannon behind them
       Volleyed and thundered;
    Stormed at with shot and shell,
    While horse and hero fell.
    They that had fought so well
    Came through the jaws of Death,
    Back from the mouth of hell,
    All that was left of them,
       Left of six hundred.
    VI
    When can their glory fade?
    O the wild charge they made!
       All the world wondered.
    Honour the charge they made!
    Honour the Light Brigade,
       Noble six hundred!
  • Inertia40
    1 Posts
    Sun, Feb 4 2018 5:18 AM

I agree that players who forfeit should be penalized somehow. It happens way to much, you sink a birdie or less often an eagle and the jackass forfeits. WGT should enforce a penalty like not letting them play for a couple of hours. It's sad but what I do is if I have the slightest hint that the guy will forfeit, I quickly block him. If he finishes, I unblock him on his last putt. I don't understand why WGT does not give you a win for the game. You collect the winner coins but who cares about that? I have bad holes and get frustrated but I finish the game. 

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, Feb 4 2018 2:06 PM

Inertia,

Recently a change was made and now, when the other player forfeits I'm credited with the win. You have the have sponsorship active to see the win total change, but it does,

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Sun, Feb 4 2018 2:19 PM

Inertia40:

I agree that players who forfeit should be penalized somehow. It happens way to much, you sink a birdie or less often an eagle and the jackass forfeits. WGT should enforce a penalty like not letting them play for a couple of hours. It's sad but what I do is if I have the slightest hint that the guy will forfeit, I quickly block him. If he finishes, I unblock him on his last putt. I don't understand why WGT does not give you a win for the game. You collect the winner coins but who cares about that? I have bad holes and get frustrated but I finish the game. 

blocking doesn't really do anything on mobile other than keep them from chatting with you.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sun, Feb 4 2018 5:50 PM

Timely forfeits are atleast considerate of your time, the OP referenced people that intentionally drag out or stall, time out , reconnect to try and get you to accidently close the match and get the coins despite losing.  Now that is poor form, add in profanity and hostile chat, well these players should have acct closed if multiple complaints are reported.  

If you are playing for coins...you already got them from the win so i figure its on them, more time to play another match if i am on timer for sponsor gear.  

I had to endure an example of the worst kind tonight but he still lost his coins so all he is doing is wasting his own time.  

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Feb 5 2018 9:30 AM

wait until you meet the 

"lmfao good luck"  spammer.

He's a Tour legend with a Czech flag but plays badly.

he's either 0-4 or 0-5 against me.

no point in saying name. mobile players will know him or not yet. I actually don't mind playing him. consistent coinage.

• QuotaRelief
    100 Posts
    Mon, Feb 5 2018 9:50 AM

el3n1 - thx that’s exactly why/what I was asking.  It’s not about the guy who forfeits as soon as he/she realizes they can’t win.  It’s the dopes who drag it out to the end and refuse to finish out.  I think you may be right that some just let the clock run down, hoping that somehow you will be tricked into reconnecting or accidentally forfeiting yourself?  Or perhaps they are even trying to egg you on and see if you will get vocal on chat?  I’m not really sure why some people behave this way, but it seems clear other than for some nefarious reason, the late forfeiter gets no benefit in doing so.  

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Feb 5 2018 12:04 PM

thanks for the heads up...M.

and we must have overlapped messages Quota...I think we are on the same page and  no harm done.. see you on the links....just don't stall on me --forfeit promptly  LOL

have a good day!

RSS