Help › Forums

Driving Distance Myths

Sun, Jul 11 2021 6:19 PM (57 replies)
  • pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2021 3:40 PM

SamSpayed:

mrshazam:

Do the upgrades from head to head play, come into play in other avenues of the game?

If you are talking about the apparel bonuses, the answer is Yes - depending on what you play.  Apparel bonuses are ON for Clashes and single-player stroke play rounds.  For multi-player games, you have the option to set them either ON or OFF.

Olive1619:

In apparel, what does "driving distance +38" mean?

Good question . I think it has been determined that if anything .Those are codes used by the techs to label enhancements.

Here are some other opinions . Taken from the || Apparel Megathread ||

paueett:

Item stats' effect, subjective usefulness and what the numbers actually mean: some of these stat bonuses are straight forward but others are ambiguous to say the least and they use these +100 scales and stuff instead of clear flat numbers.

-%Xp/%Coin: I think both of these are pretty good and efficient. If you're grinding xp these small percentages and the max set bonus really start adding up. And stacking the coin percentages maybe even with the topgolf loss mitigation set bonus skyrockets your coin gains allowing you to be in credit even with a negative win % where usually you'd need a 55.5%+ winrate (due to wgt's "cut" in coin rooms). What doesn't make any sense is why the shoes are swapped.. generally Max is the xp apparel with xp set bonus, TopGolf is the coin apparel with coin set bonus but for some reason they either messed up with the shoes or swapped the stats on purpose which makes keeping the set bonus just awkward.

BUT for a lot of players including myself these hold absolutely no value, like actually meaningless... if you're lvl102+ you probably don't care about xp farming and unless you're getting started with building up your coins you don't need any multipliers because they're a resource with no value. As I said a 56% winrate is already enough to keep you in the green, and I don't wanna hoard even more coins for no reason. So I dunno, I just ignore these 2 when I look at apparel.

-Distance: In terms of usefulness this one is pretty clear but these 100 scales are a bit weird.. As far as I can tell every point represents a bit over 0.089% so for instance for the 291yd titleist: .089/100 * 291 = ~.26 per point * 100 points= 26 , 26+291=317. Can someone out there confirm that the 291yd Titleist driver with a maxed out epic swing edge hat reads 317yd for distance? Hard to imagine someone managed to get the epic hat to 10 but maybe..

Assuming this is correct you could reach an almost +9% distance at +100 and if we go by the rule of thumb for pro shop balls' distance rating of 1 dot = ~1%.. you're looking at 5-6% distance for some of the premium balls. Which means this apparel is pretty damn good in terms of the stat's "credit value". Obviously it only works on specific game modes, but still.

Personally I think both driver and 3 wood distance are best in class for hats and tops respectively. Forgiveness, meter speed etc.. can improve your game sure, but these are literally strokes gained from the back tees. Keep in mind the SE hat gains Rough PWR in the rare tier and the 3w distance top (M/SE) has Iron Spin built in, both of those can mess with your game.. especially if you have your stuff neatly mapped and whatnot, I play yolo style so I don't mind too much.

Irons and wedges distance are a different story, big scoring clubs don't wanna screw them more than we have to. Never tested iron distance since it's in the top section so it's competing with 3w distance. Wedge distance can be grabbed but I find it awkward and unnecessary.

Eyeswideopen11:

This is what I'm curious about..

Are Apparel Bonuses Added Together?

DickDriveer:

The apparel system is broken.

Glitches exists in every part of the game because of apparel. Apparel is as likely to influence a ranked round or tournament (non active apparel) as it is to fail to function properly in a coin room/turf war/showdown or club clash.

No matter the level or tier of the equipped apparel it will randomly stop working, sometimes for days. Even if no apparel is equipped it will OFTEN apply the bonuses of your opponents apparel to your avatar or some other randomly selected apparel bonuses... Forcing standard shots to respond inexplicably erratic and in most, >70%, cases it will result in the loss of multiple balls and strokes.

The apparel system does not function as stated and should be deactivated and removed from the game completely.

Let the glitches begin!!!

pdb1:

My question is . How is it they ( WGT ) can manipulate with the forgiveness %'s like that with any degree of seriousness . I don't think they can . Not that much anyway .

VEM does its own adjusting automatically . Based on the frequency and success each player has on each shot .

Forgiveness is based on how much distance and precision one loses when one misses the ding .

Drivers and Irons range at somewhere between 2.0 & 5.0 forgiveness .

22% & 32% seems like an awfully high percentage to be playing with .

I'm just saying . WTF are they talking about ?

• Olive1619
    11 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2021 8:22 PM

In 1 and 3 hole matches, my driving distance is 278;
    however, in tournaments,. it's only 269. 

???

• borntobesting
    9,253 Posts
    Sun, Jun 20 2021 10:46 AM

Olive1619:

???

Apparel bonuses work in the coin games but not in tournaments, It wouldn't be fair otherwise. 

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Sun, Jun 20 2021 3:04 PM

borntobesting:

Olive1619:

???

Apparel bonuses work in the coin games but not in tournaments, It wouldn't be fair otherwise. 

I am quite sure they work in the tournaments . At least in the ShowDowns . I know I activated mine .

One difference I did notice was the other tiers were playing from their default tees . During most of the ShowDown .

In coin room CasaBlanca . All players tee from the same tee .

• bossbird
    1,280 Posts
    Sun, Jun 20 2021 10:37 PM

pdb1:

borntobesting:

Olive1619:

???

I am quite sure they work in the tournaments . At least in the ShowDowns . I know I activated mine .

One difference I did notice was the other tiers were playing from their default tees . During most of the ShowDown .

Showdown doesn’t count as a tournament as it’s played in coin rooms , so nothing in coin rooms goes onto stats , but the enhancements from apparel works because you play coin rooms 

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2021 5:07 AM

bossbird:
    Showdown doesn’t count as a tournament as it’s played in coin rooms , so nothing in coin rooms goes onto stats , but the enhancements from apparel works because you play coin rooms 

ShowDown doesn't count as a Tournament . Okay did not know that .

• Mythanatos
    1,966 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2021 7:07 AM

pdb1:

Rookie is played from default tees for each tier.

Veteran and expert are played from same tees

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2021 7:41 AM

Mythanatos:

pdb1:

Uh wrong again Kemosabe . And Surely you won't mistake me for Tonto . Or call me Shirley .

When did Rookie , Veteran , and Expert become tiers ? Much less when did they become a thing ? I must have missed that memo . Which is entirely possible .

Please enlighten me .

• pdb1
    22,500 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2021 9:31 AM

pdb1:

When did Rookie , Veteran , and Expert become tiers ? Much less when did they become a thing ? I must have missed that memo . Which is entirely possible .

Please enlighten me .

I see from this . That there is something to that . What determines these levels ?

So I apologize for being so ignorant .

• Mythanatos
    1,966 Posts
    Mon, Jun 21 2021 2:57 PM

pdb1:

Mythanatos:

pdb1:

Uh wrong again Kemosabe . And Surely you won't mistake me for Tonto . Or call me Shirley .

Please enlighten me .

you can't really be that clueless.. it's an act right?

RSS