Forums

Help › Forums

that sure would be nice if they had a few more courses :-)

rated by 0 users
Sun, Sep 27 2009 10:38 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • coolhotfun
    229 Posts
    Sun, Sep 27 2009 8:13 AM

anyways, nevermind getting distracted by the forum trolls.. sticking to the topic.. Where's the announcement for an augusta masters course? Put some hustle into it you guys. Wanna see a multiplayer course with that hogan's bridge. And not in 5 years time here.. your scale for stuff is too slow. Get some venture capital. Or talk to the people at augusta.. maybe they'd like the game and would help ya out.
    ;-)

• coolhotfun
    229 Posts
    Sun, Sep 27 2009 8:36 AM

wondering about stuff... whats wgt's financial situation? How do they make money around here.. seems those clubs would barely pay for staff to keep it running, nevermind any big coin for new courses. Even if they had advertising on the site there's not all that many players so yeah.. betcha things are dire over there. If they had an augusta though there'd be more players. I dunno, the whole business model, doesnt sound like a cash cow.. more a labour of love, which is why augusta folks might help ya out. But once you get the maps, to keep it going wouldnt cost all that much, its more the big coin to get those maps. Gotta get 'em though ya guys.. people are bored with just two. And they need to figure out a way to get more coin outta the deal cause that whole outfit probably ain't workin out too well for a return on the investment of whoever got the site going.. haha.. whats going on with their financial situation.. how much do they make, how much did they spend.. etc.. or will they not let us know because things are dire over there. Whats their income vs expenses situation.. and whats their plans for making more money outta this. Betcha they barely make enough to pay the bills. Whos the guy who shovel the coin at this.. lets hear their 2 cents. Not just some staffer that keeps the site going. I wanna hear from the big boys who got this thing going.. kinda like those type of business buddies i'm friends with over at the facebook. lol.. hey if they're reading this, send me an add over there.. they'd fit right in with those other folks.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Sep 27 2009 8:48 AM

coolhotfun:
    I wanna hear from the big boys who got this thing going.. kinda like those type of business buddies i'm friends with over at the facebook. lol.. hey if they're reading this, send me an add over there.. they'd fit right in with those other folks.

Rehot  Ja ťuťmák!

• coolhotfun
    229 Posts
    Sun, Sep 27 2009 9:02 AM

Faterson:

coolhotfun:
    I wanna hear from the big boys who got this thing going.. kinda like those type of business buddies i'm friends with over at the facebook. lol.. hey if they're reading this, send me an add over there.. they'd fit right in with those other folks.

Rehot  Ja ťuťmák!

[troll ignored]

I'd like to see faterson's facebook page, then there'd probably be some chuckling like that. But no, he's going around with a cartoon avatar and no link to who he is. Tons and tons of rambling-on words yet nothing to back up who it's from. So all that hot air doesnt mean much. Case closed on that chump. Next.

Anyways, here's a mini screenshot of some facebook friends over there. I see a couple business buddies. You can bet some of them have deeper pockets than whoever got this site going. So their loss if they're not interested ;-)

• coolhotfun
    229 Posts
    Sun, Sep 27 2009 9:04 AM

anyways, back to the topic at hand. Not sure how they make their money around here.. does more players = more money. Then you'd need more players. Nobody knows about the site.. what they should do is have tv commercials during pga majors. Costs money but more players = more money. Not sure if their business model works out though. It's like a vicious circle.. no money for new maps. Need more money for new maps to get more players. Good luck with the site.. I don't blame investors for not having their interest peaked. lol

• coolhotfun
    229 Posts
    Sun, Sep 27 2009 10:04 AM

any further trolls will be ignored and not replied to. Stick to the topic of wondering where's the announcement for an augusta multiplayer map.

• rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Sun, Sep 27 2009 10:11 AM

I will ignore last dozen posts since I don't really care xD

However they did announce 1 stroke play course they will release. No real date for that though.

Maybe they have another stroke play course about to be released in coming months that they can't talk about for legality reasons, maybe augusta, maybe not. Good thought atleast though.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Sep 27 2009 10:38 AM

coolhotfun:
    Nobody knows about the site.. what they should do is have tv commercials during pga majors

There are TV ads.  I saw an ad during the US Open about the Virtual Open on WGT.  That's how I heard of the WGT site.  Just yesterday, saw an ad on NBC touting the ADT Challenge tournament here.

• PAGES
RSS