Forums

Help › Forums

Driving Range ?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 11 2009 6:49 PM (24 replies)
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 7:34 AM

Oh, and a sand trap and the differing cuts of rough next to the putting green so we can practice our wedge play.  And the ability to use one's ball of choice.  Thanks to Yankee Jim for hinting at these.

• TarheelsRule
    5,472 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 8:42 AM

The ocean course does have a great driving / practice area.  Located between the clubhouse and 10th tee.  It seems that WGT could use the photos to make this work.  I have no idea how difficult it would be to allow you to pick the wind direction and strength but that would be nice.  I would also like to be able to try out new balls and clubs there as well.  Bunker would be nice there as well, I don't care that much about the rough lies.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 9:00 AM

Demo clubs/balls are both EXCELLENT ideas! Wow! After reading all these ideas, I've gained a new understanding of why there isn't a practice range yet! It's no small thing to put something together like that, and would probably be one helluva challenge for any programmer... someone better get started on it right away! heh-heh! J/K.  ;)

Another idea that I don't necessarily desire, but thought I'd mention: at a local range, there's a lake to hit over... talk about "yip management"! :O

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 9:05 AM

... and since we'll be spending a lot of time at the driving range better put a restroom there, too.

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 10:49 AM

The only productive suggestion I can think of now would be, simplify the wind options. Low, Medium, High. If it`s also possible to offer a direction option without too much trouble then let`s say eight quadrants of the compass with the normal fluctuations.    The cost factor varies with every player. I`d be happy with using my pro-shop balls with the normal wear factor(No Lost Ball Option in practice!) or paying a nominal fee for a bucket of regular balls.   Trying out new clubs before buying them is a Must! A previous suggestion regarding this seemed fair. A deposit/fee is fair, with the deposit/fee credited toward the purchase. That`s my two cents for now.   Cheers

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 11:20 AM

:) Mefitz... I was only trying to make you smile.  "Smile awhile, and while you smile, another smiles, and soon there are miles and miles of smiles, and life`s worthwhile because you smiled!" - anon

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 1:00 PM

Sorry about that if I came off as all uptight and full of it. My writing leaves Alot left to be desired. If I could convey my demeanor on screen it would be lmao 99% of the time! Unfortunately, I can`t/don`t know how to show-tongue in cheek/smirk/wink, etc. on here. Keep up the one liners and more please, as you have really lightened some grim moods on here many of times!  Thanks for the laughs! mefitz   P.S.-My surly comment was directed at myself, feeling that I haven`t really given to this site as much as I could.  Cheers!                                                                                                                           edit)Cool quote!!(wink,smile!)

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 1:16 PM

Mefitz... you're a good man Charlie Brown.  No rancor here.  Keep up the excellent comments.  And dang!  I didn't realize anyone else was reading my smart alec posts!  We should play a round sometime.  How many strokes will you give me?  :)

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 1:40 PM

You mean I have to Give strokes away(lol)? I`d be happy to play(never tried mp) if you have patience with my inneptitude!(typing,computers in general)

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 2:14 PM

Well I didn't get quite the rise I was expecting with the fee = free, but wasn't totally serious. Putting, chipping & sand practice could be free, using your current supply of balls. 110 for a bucket would be OK w/ me. As for wind ... whatever is easiest & most cost effective.

Any chance of getting a roving range ball collector to hit at? 

RSS