Forums

Help › Forums

Driving Range ?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 11 2009 6:49 PM (24 replies)
  • HigherThanYall
    51 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 6:39 PM

It would be nice to have a place where you could tune your clubs in...A place  with sevral different targets..So you could pratice you wedges, Irons, and even Driveing..And may-b even a few bunker and a putting green...

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2009 8:35 PM

Vitaj  This valuable suggestion has been made approximately gazillion times before; you might want to put the words driving range in the Search box on the right.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 6:15 AM

The driving range does not have to be a made up place. It could be the corresponding driving ranges that the PGA players currently use on the courses they play. Perhaps the ocean course has a driving range, Bethpage and so on. With each course added to WGT, Add the driving range for that course as well. To Faterson, Do suggestion to WGT fall on deaf ears? You say there's been a gazillion post about a driving range? Where is the driving range? lol  One has to wonder.  

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 6:36 PM

Keep the ideas coming, tell us what features you want in a driving range.  We are reading all the suggestions and planing the product accordingly.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 6:47 PM

I'm thinking the driving range should be flat, with wind but with the ability to run the wind 0 - 20mph, any direction.  An adjacent putting green.  The ball landing areas for the irons should mimic landing on a green  so we can get a sense of of backspin or top spin.  Off to one side maybe an uphill and a down hill layout.  Always pins or some kind of markers to aim at.   A 19th hole drinking establishment.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2009 7:53 PM

"Drinking establishment"!

Hope I'm there when you hit a hole-in-one! ;)

I'd just like to add that a choice of "tee or no tee" would be nice.

Thanks.

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 5:52 AM

Add the ability to 'borrow' clubs from the pro shop and test them out on the range/putting green ONLY!  This will help players in making the right decisions when it comes to buying clubs.

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 6:02 AM

i totally agree with Avatarlee. it would definitely get players interested in purchasing new clubs if they can test them before hand. i made some wrong decisions myself. and in the end you make more money.

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 6:12 AM

I'll 3rd the motion on "Demo" clubs. Also like the tee/no idea. Targets with flags @ 50 yd. intervals out to 250 yds. are the norm for driving ranges. 360°, 0-20 mph wind option would really be neat.

Now, what's a fair price for a bucket of range balls? I vote for free, same as a practice round.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 7:28 AM

Free?! I guess it would be ok to expect somebody to sit there for however many programming hours and incorporate targets with flags, variable wind, tees or not and club borrowing, only to give it all away. Be happy if you're not going to have to pay the going rate for a bucket at your local range where all this stuff didn't require programming, just a minimum wage college kid to go get the balls.

The best local range here has all those amenities including a chipping range, sand traps and a putting green and I pay $11 for 100 balls-well worth it considering the chipping green, sand trap and putting green are all free, balls supplied. 110 credits for 100 balls would be ok because I don't have to spend 1/2 an hour warming up to play here-I'd only use it to figure stuff out that I have to do on the course now. 100 swings is a lot of golf! (I usually do 2 at the range now and that equates to about 4-5 rounds w/o putting.)

There are several different versions of the ball now. You would need to hit whatever you play for it to be of any value to you so pony up and let WGT make a few cents, just give us the range!

YJ

p.s.-mark the date Wednesday, October 7, 2009-Yankee Staduim-the massacre begins!!

I know.....

RSS