Forums

Help › Forums

2018 world cup

Thu, Sep 20 2018 9:22 AM (2,306 replies)
  • BillDThrill
    70 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2018 5:00 PM

Group 3, Round 6, Match 3

BillDThrill defeats triple000 

4 up with 3 to go

Good match with a good dude.  Thanks for the round Trip.

• pmm711
    5,538 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2018 5:28 PM

Group 4 Round 6 Match

Wooden Bees          vs. WGT Amigos

#492 PMM711         vs.  lingling18

PMM711 wins 3 & 2

Jeff (lingling18) and I both putted like a couple of Hacks or else the match could have gone either way.  To say it was a game of inches is an understatement.  It was fun as we found out we were both originally from the Philadelphia, PA area; Jeff from Reading (home of Yuengling Beer) and me from Lansdowne, PA, a bit closer suburb of the city than Jeff.  It was a pleasure to play Jeff and I hope to tee it up again with him in the future.

Here's how the match played out...

Jeff started off driving into the rough on the par 5 Hole #1 so I went 1UP faster than expected.  I made par on Hole #2 and Jeff left his par putt on the lip...so 2UP after 2.

We halved #3 and then on Hole #4 I putted using the wrong scale and we were at 1UP.

We halved #5 & #6 and then as Hole #7 was a concede hole we were AS after #7.

We halved Hole #8 as Jeff missed a makeable putt by inches. 

I drove the par 3 #9 to within 1 yard and made the birdie putt while Jeff was forced to flop from off the green, but did so within 2 feet. I went 2UP again.

After the turn we halved #10 & #11 but both missed birdie putts on both holes. 

#12 had us both with birdie attempts but then Jeff missed his par comeback putt by inches while I holed my saver.  I went 3UP.

#13 we both made par and then #14 was a concede hole so we were at 2UP after #14.

We both missed birdie attempts at #15 and entered #16 at 2UP with me needing birdie for the W.  Jeff hit his approach off the green on #16 and putt a flop to within 2 feet.  My approach landed 11 feet away and I had a bit of a breaker for bird.  My putt for bird dropped dead center into the hole and the match ended 3 & 2.

Here's the scorecards...

• stefke1969
    1,531 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2018 5:31 PM

ROUND 6        GROUP 2      

THE GEORGIAN                  VS                  CAROLINA SANDHILLS

I lost my match against kavvz.

sometimes i think i can play golf but when i play this guys i am just a noob.

kavvz  - stefke1969 2up after 18 holes.

but i did thid on the CTTH hole. maybe i win a sleeve balls with 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2018 6:13 PM

Group 2 Round 6 Match 4 Tie #5

Stephke1969 (The Georgian)

vs. 

kavvz (Carolina Sandhills)

kavvz wins 2 up

Was 4 up after 8 after making some putts and Steph making a mistake.  That was about time the match went about face and we were AS on 15.  It all came down to the putters, Stephs got hot and mine went cold.  Steph never gave up and put the pressure on and we had a great match.

Was a pleasure to play a round with you sir!

Cheers!

brad

• roidrage03
    399 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2018 6:17 PM

Group 2 Round 6 Match 4 Tie #2
    The Georgian vs. Carolina Sandhills
    Player # 527 L accuate vs. 
    Player # 234 CH roidrage03 (-2)

roidrage03 wins 3-and-1

I rode a red-hot putter (one-putting all eight holes played, with 7 birdies) to a 4-up lead at the turn. 

Accuate got hot on the back, birdieing the first four holes, while I only birdied two. With the automatic concession on 14, he went to 15 one down, and put his approach inside mine on the green. Unfortunately for accuate, he didn't make the putt and we halved the hole. I birdied 16 and 17 to finish out the match. 

Good luck in the rest of your matches, Barry!

• Indian55
    2,997 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2018 6:28 PM

INDIANRED  VS EAST COAST

ROUND 6     MATCH 1

515  ROBDELLINGER    LOSES

357  MYSTRY78             WINS

• docmorgan99
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2018 7:14 PM

by 535 Stefke   CTTH hole.6

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2018 11:10 PM

with just over halfway done in the round robins just wanted to say....

Thanks finny for putting this on and all the hard work that goes into it.

Cheers Mate

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 1:44 AM

+1 Dotty

I absolutely second that. This is a great competition, and what pleases me most is that most, yes, nearly all of the matches are played in good mood, in sportsmanship and good company. This is a big come together of old and new friends here at WGT and i do enjoy it a lot to participate in this. Many thanks to Finny also from me and to all that makes this what it is.

• mystry78
    880 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2018 3:04 AM

Group 3 Round 6 Result:

East Coast 1       Vs.     Indian Red

Mystry78    5&4  Over    RobDellinger

Thanks, Frank

RSS