Help › Forums

Newbie who can't chip

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 19 2009 11:10 AM (8 replies)
  • GreyMack
    60 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 5:10 AM

Hi

My friend introduced me to this game a few weeks and i'm now enjoying it.

There are a few things that annoy me however the worst being chipping, i can be at the edge of the green in very light rough and the game selects chip PW and i hit it perfect yet the game acts as if i've fluffed it and it moves about an inch, i recently got so fed up with this that i hit 2 10's back to back. Am i doing something wrong?

The other issues i'm sure have been covered before, the games designed such that you have to spend real money to actually achieve anything and for a game i mainly play during my lunch break it's not what i'm about.

The other is the rather bizarre angles the screen displays sometimes. I eventually figured this was down to the game relying on photographs of the course and it displays the nearest to your position and sometimes it's just plain odd.

Anyway i enjoy the game....not as much as Links :) but it's good fun.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 5:36 AM

Chips have to land on the green-switch to pitch.

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 6:04 AM

HI

click here for tutorial i often refer to this tutorial by Iconian . its a real big help and has improved my game. also nivlac has a great putting tutorial that will help.

always check up on the forum for "putting tips"

• GreyMack
    60 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 6:24 AM

I hear what your saying but earlier today i was like inches from the green hit chip perfect and it barley moved???

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 10:38 AM

If you hit a chip with anything less than full power, it's not going to work.

Follow Eternal's advice and take a look at that tutorial.  Lots of really good info there.

Good luck!

• Whogolf
    78 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 11:46 AM

What I have learned is not to use the club the game gives you most the time. i`m always switching clubs, from what the game set me up for.

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 2:35 PM

snaike is right you will usually need full power with chip. its all about adapting to the game and getting to know your clubs.. and that just takes practice....practice...practice

i saw once avatarlee posted on a thread that all you need to to get good at this game is practice and practice. i didnt want to believe him but its true.. the more i play the more i adapt to it

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2009 3:14 AM

When I absolutely can't afford to mess up a chip or pitch, my chicken shot is my 60W on a FULL swing and with much less power...of course hoping my putting will save me if it doesn't get real close (wink).  I very seldom hit one of those &%$@ shots with this technique and its usually a good miss if I don't hit it just right.  Try it in a practice game and let me know what you think.   

Joey

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2009 11:10 AM

Snaike:
    If you hit a chip with anything less than full power, it's not going to work.

Not true. It's perfectly possible to hit a chip with 75% power & score a hole-out. It's just that, as other people have remarked, you usually need to upgrade the club that is suggested for you to use by default.

RSS