Mon, Nov 9 2009 8:54 AM (101 replies)
  • plim
    1,388 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2009 12:56 PM

FIRST ROUND RESULT

PLIM        -4    32

RNEGV    -4    32                                  

PLIM WINS ON 2ND EXTRA HOLE.

What a fantastic game to be part of. it was a pity there had to be a loser. a great birdie blitz got rnegv off to a flyer.  A near hole in one got me back in the game and it was then shot for shot all the way to the 9th hole. rnegv had a putt to win from about 10ft but it just slid past the cup.

sudden death was just as tight both drives found the first fairway with rnegv first with his approach landing it stiff within a foot. somehow i managed to get my ball inside his, both tap in birdies. on the second extra hole all the drama was on the green. we both had chips from the edge of the green mine from the front rnegv's from the back. rnegv had a tricky downhiller which didn't want to stop and rolled a good 4 yard pass, with a big swinging putt the ball rolled round  the back of the hole. i had a 2 yard fairly nervy putt in win and was relieved to see it drop.

a great match played in a great spirit with good company. well played rnegv

• RiftRaft
    25 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2009 1:01 PM

this was a great match, smoothswinger came out red hot with 3 birdies in a row, it ended up with me making a birdie on the 9th hole to tie it up. we both were -5 under thur 9 holes so we did a 3 hole playoff, sudden death. we both had pars on the 1st hole and then on the 2nd hole both of our approach shots were with-in 1 yard. i missed the putt, it went around the hole cup before finally missing, and she made her birdie putt. great match thanks smooth swinger

smooth swinger -5 (31)   won on 2nd playoff hole 

rifraft -5(31)

• schanck11
    5 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2009 2:40 PM

I birdied on nine to win 6 under to 5 under.  Great match!

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2009 8:09 PM

Oh lilmike,  come out to play.  Can't seem to get a hold of you for our match.

• ChrisCrosby
    245 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2009 11:44 PM

Round 1

ChrisCrosby 32 v kwfegan 33

It was a hard faught match that was fairly solid yet neither of us really got much going.  I just seemed to have the putter going slightly better.  Definately a test for me. 

• Kobalt46
    276 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 1:25 PM

In a great match with a couple missed putts we tied after 9 holes...In sudden death it to 3 holes with Koablt winning in 3 holes

Kobalt     -5(31)

Drewwoods     -5(31)

Sudden Death

Kobalt    birdie   par   birdie

DrewWoods      birdie   par    par 

very good match Drew nice playing

• kraneburg
    16 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 2:19 PM

A great match

Kraneburg 31 vs Badaboom 34

• whitten1823
    84 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 7:32 PM

First Round

KNUCKLEWOODS                 32

WHITTEN1823                         31

Great match Knuckle, thanks for the competition!!

• rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2009 5:42 AM

RustyNipples (-2)

vs

Brandi35 (-1)

• JayTiger07
    3 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2009 9:43 AM

Im In

cheers

RSS